Tattoo Removal on The Rise Among Women

WINTER PARK, FL -- Tattoos can offer a veritable snapshot of a time when adulthood and responsibility seemed worlds away.

To some, the ink from a spring break or a late night whim is a badge of honor. To others, tattoos can be a constant reminder of the person one used to be.

That's why an increasing number of people are deciding to have them removed. Tattoo removal has never been easier, and businesses specializing in the laser procedure is booming.

A recent visit to Winter Park Laser on Fairbanks Boulevard saw patient after patient going under the laser to remove tattoos they got when they were younger and now regret.

Jennifer Calabrese, manager at Winter Park Laser, told Local 6 men and women are motivated to have ink removed for different reasons.

Men often have tattoos removed for job prospects such as government positions. Many women, on the other hand, are trying to change the image they have of themselves or convey to others.

The removal process can be a bit painful, so Calabrese recommends a local anesthetic.

As for price, Calabrese said a good rule of thumb is to add a zero to the price you originally paid for the art. A complete removal can typically take up to ten sessions, with each session lasting 25 minutes.

more

Glad that the tramp-stamp craze of the '00s is ending. It got to the point that finding an attractive 20-something girl who didn't have some meaningless symbol scrawled on her lower back or ankle was about as common as meeting a six-fingered albino dwarf.

Glad that the tramp-stamp craze of the '00s is ending. It got to the point that finding an attractive 20-something girl who didn't have some meaningless symbol scrawled on her lower back or ankle was about as common as meeting a six-fingered albino dwarf.

How do you know their tattoo's didn't have meaning?

I've been told tattoo removal doesn't fully remove the tattoo, anyone know the truth to this?

Well it goes into your blood and I don't think a laser will remove all traces of it no, plus lasers are focused energy and 'burn', so I'd imagine it'd be red for a while and probably like people that get really tanned, where they've had clothes on sticks out to where they haven't had clothes on.

^THIS!! I don't like girls with tattoos.

Well it goes into your blood and I don't think a laser will remove all traces of it no, plus lasers are focused energy and 'burn', so I'd imagine it'd be red for a while and probably like people that get really tanned, where they've had clothes on sticks out to where they haven't had clothes on.

Into your blood? What does? Tattoos don't go into your blood they go into the dermis layer of your skin...

The tattoo itself will be removed, yes. But left behind, there will be significant scaring.

Tattoo removal is expensive and excruciatingly painful, I say just live with it. :)