Constant high RAM usage with Runtime Broker.exe on Windows 8

945807056.PNG

From my understanding the runtime broker.exe is designed to manage the permissions for the metro apps. But why is it running at ridiculously high RAM usage.

This is pushing my IDLE RAM usage (with no applications open) to OVER 4 - THAT'S RIGHT F-O-U-R GB.

If I end the application it also cuts off my audio and network. WTF?

What's going on?

Looks like there`s a memory leak in one of your apps as that`s what the runtime broker manages as far as i`m aware. I read a thread where the main culprits were AV software (Norton, Bitdefender) or The Time app. Do you have The Time installed?

Other than that you could remove apps 1 by one until you find the offending item, bummer i know :(

Looks like there`s a memory leak in one of your apps as that`s what the runtime broker manages as far as i`m aware. I read a thread where the main culprits were AV software (Norton, Bitdefender) or The Time app. Do you have The Time installed?

Other than that you could remove apps 1 by one until you find the offending item, bummer i know :(

I had this same issue and for me it was the "TIME" app. Delete it if you have it installed.

Thanks for the suggestions :). I do have the Time app installed. I'll uninstall it and report back!

Edit: Seems to have done the trick!. Thanks guys :D!