Woman Buys iPad For $200, Finds Out It

Jalonta Freeman of Arlington, Texas was approached by a stranger at a gas station, selling what he claimed to be a brand new $800 iPad, for just $200. :huh:

Freeman and her family did not want to miss out on an offer they thought seemed great, so they gave him cash for the tablet, and the man quickly drove away.

When the package was finally opened, the Freeman family discovered the elaborately wrapped "iPad" was actually just a mirror about the size of a tablet.

Freeman said she felt stupid, but learned a valuable lesson, and offered this advice, "Don't buy nothing on the streets from nobody."

An Arlington police spokesperson said that crimes of this kind always increase leading up to Christmas.

Last year, incidents similar to this were reported in several states.

source & video

• Like 2

Yet another gullible person who falls into the trap of meeting some random person on the street, expecting to get a "deal", and instead is getting screwed.

Honestly, people are stupid. :laugh:

• Like 2

Wow, I think there was so much stupidity in that article that it just sprayed all over me. The dumb woman thought she'd get a good deal by buying stolen merchandise from a scumbag. She got what she deserved!

"Don't buy nothing on the streets from nobody."

Sound advice from an educated person. No "ignunce" here!

• Like 3

I wouldn't buy the iPad without actually seeing it, even from Wal-Mart, let alone from some ding-a-ling on the street. :laugh:

Wait, what? Retail stores aren't going to open it for you. Also, if you use that logic, you never buy anything online, right?

• Like 1

I can't say I really feel sorry for her. If a guy is selling something like an iPad out of his car it's going to be 1 of 4 things.

1) stolen

2) broken

3) stolen and broken

4) not an actual ipad

Maybe she'll see it as lesson learned instead of thinking she's actually a victim of a crime that never really took place. I doubt it though.

• Like 2

I can't say I really feel sorry for her. If a guy is selling something like an iPad out of his car it's going to be 1 of 4 things.

1) stolen

2) broken

3) stolen and broken

4) not an actual ipad

Maybe she'll see it as lesson learned instead of thinking she's actually a victim of a crime that never really took place. I doubt it though.

You forgot

(5) A chinese knockoff

You forgot

(5) A chinese knockoff

That would be covered in #4 - not an actual ipad.

However, the comments on the liveleak page are actually quite hilarious. I like this one:

Enjoy your $200 mirror. You can look into it every day and think "Damn, I am one stupid bitch."

Freeman said she felt stupid, but learned a valuable lesson, and offered this advice, "Don't buy nothing on the streets from nobody."

Felt stupid? She is stupid. And better advice would be to never hand over cash for anything unless you know what you are really getting in return.