Texas Judge beats daughter for using the internet - Update

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,526 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 20:13

now that's discipline. We've probably needed more of that in the last generation or so. Kids today are terrible, spoiled little brats whom need a good beat down.

#17 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 20:21

That's not discipline, that's abuse.

If you think that is discipline, wow...

#18 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,526 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 20:45

Another example of your ignorant backwards thinking.

Kids today are fine, No different than any other time. Just need proper role models.

Beating kids, nice christian values you have. "When the fear of God doesn't work"

I'm atheist you genius. And today's kids are not fine. Today's kids are terrible, horrible people. In the past a beating like this would likely never have been needed. Kids just obeyed their parents and when they stepped out of line they got spanked. Not as bad as this but this guy has to compensate for the culture that tells kids that they can act how they want and get away with it. All these kids think they are special. They are not. Did what they guy do rise to the level of abuse? Probably. Was it unwarranted? I don't know. Sounds like everyday was turned into a shouting match and the parents needed to re-exert dominance. It should also be noted that this girl made things infinitely worse by not just bending over. There would have been fewer lashes and they would have hurt less. I know because I've taken them myself, bare ass. By not bending over she also kept giving the impression that she was being willful against her parents which clearly enraged the guy and lead to more lashes. I feel bad for the girl... but not that bad.

#19 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,701 posts
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Enterprise & Server 2012R2/08R2 Datacenter
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 11 November 2012 - 20:47

Id rather the above than hateful misogynist bigots who think might makes right :rolleyes:

#20 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,526 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 20:49

Id rather the above than hateful misogynist bigots who think might makes right :rolleyes:

since when was this about gender other than the fact that society thinks that violence against women is horrible and worthy of punishment but violence against men is acceptable and even funny sometimes?

#21 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,233 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 11 November 2012 - 20:54

Granted we know that physical punishment in any form is NOT the best way to teach kids your youths what's right or wrong. And that physical punishment generally leads to more trouble. Whereas today we have better and more effective punishments, that doesn't include hitting kids.

The problem is that people aren't using these methods, and those problem kids you speak of, they are the children of one of two types of parents.
1. The I don't give a F, parent who doesn't do anything
2. The physical punishment parent who slaps or spanks the kid.

Also remember that the grown ups today, the ones who grew up to be wife beaters no child abusers. They're the ones who grew up getting spanked and otherwise physically punished and who where perfect little angel kids because they got a beating when they did wrong.

#22 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• 1,936 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 21:25

Poor girl. I got a good beating every now and then, but it wasn't because I used Kazaa. She probably knew the rules though and shouldn't have tried to push the boundaries when a punishment like this was expected. After all, she filmed it, she must have seen it coming? Or was it a coincidence the camera was rolling?

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone such violence, but I still feel like there is more to this story than just, "mean Judge beats helpless handicap Daughter"; at least, I sure hope so.