Anybody with the RAZRi here? Chaos Rings?

Well, yesterday upgraded my G1 to a RAZRi for 180 pounds (was a demo phone... but it literally looks new and has no scratches), the thing is, I buy the game Chaos Rings from square-enix and.... force closes.

I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the phone, at first I thought it was because the game had some sort of root protection in the early updates, but nowadays that is removed, but even with that the screen changes to landscape mode and then the game crashes, google play doesn't let me refund it (restarted the phone once and then the option dissapeared)

So I'm wondering if any of you bought it and has the same problems... thanks in advance.

Play only allows you to refund for the next15 minutes after you buy the game. Meaning by the time you finish downloading and try it, you can't refund automatically.

Anyway, are you sure the game actually runs on the hardware on that device?

And seriously, consider the size of your sig, it's bigger than the allowed size for graphical sigs, and bigger than your actual posts, probably bigger the

An most your posts.

I tend to get less crashes on ROMs that are stock or close to stock. If Motorola haven't gimped the bootloader, root it and try a stock ROM out.

I tend to get less crashes on ROMs that are stock or close to stock. If Motorola haven't gimped the bootloader, root it and try a stock ROM out.

Yeah.... thing is, I'm only rooted, but on a stock ROM, I just wanted to know whether or not have tried it... but it's alright, lesson learned :D

Did you check the reviews on the Android market, often those can be pretty telling?

Yeah I did, even consulted the official page, it says "Android 2.3+", they don't mention any specific device that wasn't supported.

Does the play store website lists it as compatible with your device ? not always accurate though. for example it says Mass Effect infiltrator is compatible with my Xperia S, which is apparently isn't.

Yeah I did, even consulted the official page, it says "Android 2.3+", they don't mention any specific device that wasn't supported.

I meant did you check the comments to see if anyone else is having crashing problems?

I meant did you check the comments to see if anyone else is having crashing problems?

Yes I did, there were comments about the first versions that didn't worked because they had root, squaresoft put some sort of drm that didn't let you play the game if you had superuser.apk installed, but in the latest patch they removed hat protection (that's also mentioned in the comments), none of them mentions the RAZRi.

It could the a victim of the x86 processor beating inside the Razr I. Intel worked damn hard to make sure nearly everything worked, but it's not 100% perfect. It's extremely unlikely that screwing around with rooting your phone or flashing a ROM will make the slightests bit of difference.

It could the a victim of the x86 processor beating inside the Razr I. Intel worked damn hard to make sure nearly everything worked, but it's not 100% perfect. It's extremely unlikely that screwing around with rooting your phone or flashing a ROM will make the slightests bit of difference.

Yeah... plus I have already quite a lot of time in android scene... I mean, I saw how literally the G1 got its root, then 14 mb more memory (new radio and hboot), so I'm quite confident with the OS, as long as is rooted :D, I guess I will send a couple of emails more, if not... it's possible to transfer the game into another account?

I honestly don't see any reason to root an android device.

i needed to to try and install some moduals for my dvb-t usb stick and to modify the bootloader, also i use usbtg and some things wont mount so i needed to use stick mount which needs root thats just to name 2 items

that seems like a very special use case that's not only non standard, but very weird anyway.

There are many apps that actually benefit from root... and are free, root however is a very powerful option and should be used with care. For example, the RAZRi has the power button to wake up and to sleep the device, such button will pretty much wear off very fast, then what better than to use a program that uses the proximity sensor to wake up the device, by double tapping it... (requires root), titanium backup free version requires also root... etc etc, there are hidden, but well worth root applications out there (And to be honest rooting aphone is not that complicated)

As for the programs on the RAZRi, all of them work... except for chaos rings. Dead trigger and Six guns work wonders... :D