win8

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:14

I just opened up Xbox music after reading this thread, it's pretty cool. :laugh:

I use iTunes everywhere else in the house, but at least this keeps me from installing Spotify.

#17 OP MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64Ce Pro w/Media nter Pack/Core i7 4790K/16GB DDR3 1600/Samsung 850 Pro 256GB x 2 - Raid 0/Transcend M.2 256GB/ASRock Z97E-ITXac/GTX 970
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:16

I just opened up Xbox music after reading this thread, it's pretty cool. :laugh:

I use iTunes everywhere else in the house, but at least this keeps me from installing Spotify.

Agreed, but it needs lots of updates. If all your music is purchased from Xbox Marketplace I'm sure it's Nirvana. But it needs to do better with private libraries and finding songs on all devices with synced playlists. The matching is alright but only available on desktop Win 8 right now. :/

Searching for songs is cumbersome to say the lease but that's another topic.

Since I only use playlists for my phone, I just have to decide where I'm going to sync my Lumia 920 when it gets here and create the playlists there since a synced lists only finds local files that it has information for in it's cloud database.

#18 Luca Leen

Luca Leen

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:10

So after all the nonsense, we finally arrive at the the realisation that the Xbox Music app does not play ads when listening to local music. Only when playing playlists with content streamed from Microsoft's online service. In other words, exactly the same as Spotify and every other streaming media service. In other words, a total non-issue. Can we move on now?

Just for clarify:
My music stay on my NAS and added as folder in music collection of windows.
I receive audio ADS between my songs and every X times the music stop playing and a message appears asking me for buy xbox pass or continue the playing. UNACCEPTABLE!

#19 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• Tech Issues Solved: 23

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:32

I had ads occur with increasing frequency, until it was stopping and playing an ad after every song. As far as I know, I was only playing locally stored music (synced between computers via Skydrive). Got ****ed off and uninstalled the app.

#20 +Brandon Live

Brandon Live

Seattle geek

Posted 10 January 2013 - 19:30

Just for clarify:
My music stay on my NAS and added as folder in music collection of windows.
I receive audio ADS between my songs and every X times the music stop playing and a message appears asking me for buy xbox pass or continue the playing. UNACCEPTABLE!

It sounds like you aren't playing local music, but instead are using the free streaming feature. This could be because you're used cloud-synced playlists. One thing you can try is turning off the "Xbox Music Cloud" option in the Settings charm, under Preferences.

#21 efjay

efjay

Neowinian

Posted 10 January 2013 - 19:35

The Xbox Music app should be burned at the stake. It's pure evil.

#22 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• Tech Issues Solved: 23

Posted 10 January 2013 - 20:39

One thing you can try is turning off the "Xbox Music Cloud" option in the Settings charm, under Preferences.

Doesn't stop the ads - OR the app switched it back on by itself.