In extreme pain

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Dan~

Dan~

Neowinian Senior

• 2,670 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:18

You should of just rang your doctor i'm 99% sure they all have out of hours doctors, who then could of referred you onto a hospital, or should of gone to A&E or even used NHS Direct.

Too late now though I suppose

#32 OP +Fractalizer

Fractalizer

Cupcakes!

• 1,442 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:28

You can afford Internet but not NHS dentists? Seems like your priorities are all wrong. I'm guessing you have a TV License too?!

I live at home and my parents pay for it, I don't make a lot of money so sue me. I have to pay for everything else, rent, food, etc etc.

That and I am only working part time now as my hours got cut back.

You're 21... don't you have parents you could ask for help? Or a friend? Surely someone ought to have £17.50/£48 for you.

I have £50 I was just worrying about the £200 costs or maybe more if they find more things wrong. Not my fault, I'm kinda paranoid.

#33 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 10,761 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:47

Call amberlamps.

#34 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,529 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:53

Purposely trap your hand in the door, it'll take your mind off your tooth.

#35 Dan~

Dan~

Neowinian Senior

• 2,670 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:59

It still annoys me though that if you go to an NHS dentist (what you paying taxes for) you have to pay, I still can't get around this.

My dentist is in some random bungalow which I'm pretty sure we as tax payers have helped at some point. Same as perscriptions, I believe they should be free like in Wales & Scotland, but tbh most of them are in England anyway bahh!

#36 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,529 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:08

It still annoys me though that if you go to an NHS dentist (what you paying taxes for) you have to pay, I still can't get around this.

Just like BT being given tax payers money to build a fibre infrastructure in rural locations, and will still charge line rental...

#37 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• 1,885 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:44

Dan wtf are you smoking. the NHS is billions of pounds in debt (i know its not exactly seen as a debt but its accountability) and you want free dentist treatment to? Dentist isnt seen as a neccessity so of course your going have to pay something for it. Dont like it dont use one simple.

Like the OP's thing he goes to a dentist needs something done it would be a hell of alot cheaper than if it wasnt NHS subsidised and then if he needs to go hospital to fix anything its free. If this was the same in america youd prolly get charged 100's of dollar maybe even going into a $1000.

Should count yaself lucky. Plus never know the antibiotics prescribed to him could be worth £50, maybe £100 or maybe 50 pence but still only pay around £7.50. weve got it good in uk