Windows 8 to Windows 8 Remote Desktop

Question

Hello All,

I have two Windows 8 PC's, a Windows 7 and a Mac.

When I try to connect to HTPC running Windows 8 via Remote desktop using my HTPC login info it works.

But it only works from the Windows 7 PC and the Mac.

When I try to remote in via my Windows 8 PC to my Windows 8 HTPC I keep getting a credential error.

I do notice with the new Remote desktop in windows 8 it is adding a Microsoft Account domain to the login automatically which I do not know if that is the issue or not.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

I killed my GPU and was forced to use remote desktop from laptop to desktop for a week, win8 to win 8, the only thing I had to do was enable remote access on the desktop, as I was signed in using the same live account on both machines it was happy and already had my email set as trusted users, in the remote settings, click on "Select Users" and add the machines live login to that

The problem most probably lies with login credentials or incompatibility for remote access with windows 8 HTPC. Try using remote support tools such as logmeinrescue, gosupportnow, GoToMyPC etc. and check whether you are able to establish remote connection between Windows 8 PC and windows 8 HTPC (Media Center PC).