Photo

920 is an amazing phone!

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#61 +chorpeac

chorpeac

NeoRequest Engineer

Posted 20 November 2012 - 18:55

Got my yellow one on Saturday, and I have been loving it. So much more snappy than the 900. Love the smaller tile size. Love the kids corner. Still waiting for my TMZ, Papa Johns, and FIOS apps. Come on WP8!

#62 FoxieFoxie

FoxieFoxie

Neowinian

Posted 20 November 2012 - 19:17

I WANT ONE NOW, PLEASE SOMEONE SEND ME ONE
I CANT WAIT ANYMORE
BEEN WAITING TEN DAYS NOW AND STILL HAVENT RECEIVED IT

WANTAGFSDKGJDFKLG'JD
XFGKDFG
DFG

#63 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 20 November 2012 - 19:20

id like to know this: do you need to put it on the wireless charging pad front upwards? if yes, does any (any i mean any) light blink or constantly lighten? or can you also put the phone front down on the charging pad and it still charges? thing is, i have it next to my bed and any light would disturb me. thanks a ton :-)

There's no light on the phone that lights up while charging but there is a small led on the front side of the charger (the opposite end to where the power cord meets the charging pad) that you could cover up if it's too annoying.

#64 Neowon

Neowon

Neowinian

Posted 20 November 2012 - 19:22

Is it amazing enough to convert an iPhone 5 user like me who has a lot invested in apps? I like everything Windows 8 and the 920 does look super sweet. iOS just seems to be getting stale despite the amount of apps I've bought.

I too am in a similar situation as you. Good to see 920 getting some love and I don't know I should get an android or a wp8 phone. Decisions decisions.

#65 CronicHazel

CronicHazel

Neowinian

Posted 20 November 2012 - 19:23

can you do me a big favour? id like to know this:

do you need to put it on the wireless charging pad front upwards? if yes, does any (any i mean any) light blink or constantly lighten?
or can you also put the phone front down on the charging pad and it still charges?

thing is, i have it next to my bed and any light would disturb me.

thanks a ton :-)

For the charging pad, a blinking light means that the charger and the phone isn't properly connected. It needs to be a nonblinking steady light to be charging. When it's done charging, it would just slowly blink occasionally. And yeah, the phone screen does need to be facing upwards.
=)

#66 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 20 November 2012 - 19:24

I too am in a similar situation as you. Good to see 920 getting some love and I don't know I should get an android or a wp8 phone. Decisions decisions.

best answer to be given it go to a store and test it out yourself :)

me. I'm gonna be getting the AT&T model pretty soon and stick a StraightTalk sim in it

#67 aviator189

aviator189

Neowinian

Posted 20 November 2012 - 19:27

im getting mine pretty soon in red. can't freaking wait. looks drop-dead gorgeous, imo.

#68 mehta708

mehta708

Neowinian

Posted 20 November 2012 - 19:39

Reviews have mentioned that it feels heavy as lead. Do feel that while using it in day to day life?

#69 +chorpeac

chorpeac

NeoRequest Engineer

Posted 20 November 2012 - 20:36

Reviews have mentioned that it feels heavy as lead. Do feel that while using it in day to day life?

Nope this is the biggest BULL comment I have seen.

#70 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 20 November 2012 - 20:55

It is actually somewhat heavy, for being a phone. I've had it slide off of various furniture when I've set it down a couple times now.

But it is nothing like lead, as they say. A bit heavier than most phones but nothing worth complaining over.

#71 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 20 November 2012 - 22:16

Here's some video of a concert that was shot on a Lumia 920.

Pretty impressive.

http://www.wpcentral...video-and-audio

#72 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:03

I can't get a 920 anywhere here in Greece, my only chance, or rather option is to just get one unlocked from a MS store when I visit the US in a few weeks time.

#73 phunkymunky

phunkymunky

Neowinian

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:32

Kogan cancelled my order as they were unable to secure stock...grrrrr!!!!

Placed an order for a yellow 920 with another retailer here in oz, hoping it won't be too long

#74 Sir Topham Hatt

Sir Topham Hatt

A Very Talented Individual

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:31

and same here in the UK. I'm not dropping my deal i have with my current provider (3) just to get a 920.
Is a shame but it's just not happening.

Yep.
I have a great deal with O2 (which is about to get even even better now my contact is up for renewal!).

Would be looking to get this but some of the apps I use aren't available which will put me off big time. But when the exclusivity deal is over I might get one. For now though I am happy with my Galaxy Nexus.

Until it comes to Amazon, I am put off buying it else where as I don't want an imported one thanks.

#75 tenpoundmouse

tenpoundmouse

Winner of the 100 metre egg & spoon race (1985-1987).

• Phone: Nexus 5 : Lumia 920

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:55

My iPhone 4 recently died and my phone insurance sent me a temp phone while it's being fixed (turned out to be a Nokia Lumia 800 because that's the only phone they had that takes a micro sim), since using it and WP 7.5 I've been impressed enough to order a 920. Can't wait.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!