Apple Rumored To Begin Trial Production Of iPhone 5S Soon

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 Midgetman

Midgetman

Neowinian

• 266 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 16:49

werent the foxcon employees saying that the phone was a pita to assemble? and this was limiting production?

maybe they are just trying to resolve that issue?

#17 OP +V-Tech

V-Tech

Neowinian Senior

• 3,070 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 12 November 2012 - 16:52

werent the foxcon employees saying that the phone was a pita to assemble? and this was limiting production?

maybe they are just trying to resolve that issue?

I dont think you need a new version of the phone to resolve the issue. You just fix the issue the in the current phone. But apple as apple see the opportunity in this to roll out a new version of the phone to make people buy more iPhones.

#18 Midgetman

Midgetman

Neowinian

• 266 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 17:10

I dont think you need a new version of the phone to resolve the issue. You just fix the issue the in the current phone. But apple as apple see the opportunity in this to roll out a new version of the phone to make people buy more iPhones.

the supply chain-focused publication that’s a frequent, and fairly unreliable source of rumor and speculation.

dont get your panties in such a twist
:rolleyes:

#19 nyolc8

nyolc8

Neowinian

• 776 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 520

Posted 12 November 2012 - 17:12

New New iPad came out after half year.... New New iPhone will come out after half year...? iPhone 5 owners will "happy", like the Old New iPad owners when New New iPad announched. So New New iPhone 5 will be twice-amazing-extraordinary-gorgeous with the reinvented totally new Google Maps app preinstalled. :shiftyninja:

#20 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,521 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 17:23

OMG! It's 20% faster and 2% thinner! So innovative! *Holds it wrong*

^ Cool your ###### I'm kidding...

#21 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

• 1,294 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 17:30

It will be the same design of iPhone5 with a few things in it. They probably are NFC (maybe with new innovation name), then new camera lense, new update siri, and new update of iOS map.

#22 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 10,591 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 12 November 2012 - 17:35

The consumer isn't being forced to upgrade here, it's completely their choice if they choose to opt in buying the product. The only ones that can be hurt by this (aside from Chinese workers) is Apple, as they can create disinterest with their products by providing little innovation as they continue to release new models on a frequent basis, losing the thunder they once had.

The iPhone 5 may be very successful, but it still didn't come in with quite the boom everyone was expecting. If Apple can bust their asses to create or implement something great, maybe they'll be able to steal the show.

#23 Ryoken

Ryoken

The Other Other White Meat

• 2,515 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S, Nexus 7, iPad Mini

Posted 12 November 2012 - 18:08

I like the rage over this.. it's rather lol..

Like somehow releasing an iPhone 5S will make all the iPhone 5's obsolete, and cease to function..

Apple provides support for their old phones, and updates to the OS for longer than most phone manufactures.. You can generally get 3 years of life and updates out of it before Apple stops.. and even after that, the phone still works just fine.

No one rages over Nike releasing new shoes every year, or clothing co's every few months..

#24 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,852 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 12 November 2012 - 18:08

Even if Apple released the iPhone 5S after just 3 months they'd still be doing better than HTC, which seems to put out a new variation every time you blink. I mean, HTC has the One X, the One XL and the One X+, combined with other similar models like the One S and One V. They did exactly the same thing with the Sensation. And that was after announcing that they would be cutting back the number of models they were releasing.

Personally I think that it devalues the brand and irritates customers whose phone inevitably ends up out of date within weeks of release, which is simply ridiculous. I'd be unlikely to go with HTC again any time soon.

#25 +RedReddington

RedReddington

member_id=28229

• 9,869 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 18:19

Apple are slowly starting to loose the edge they once had, I personally think that its because they lost Steve Jobs. Soon it will be "Cool" not to own an iPhone.

#26 szo

szo

Neowinian

• 609 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 18:30

Apple are slowly starting to loose the edge they once had, I personally think that its because they lost Steve Jobs. Soon it will be "Cool" not to own an iPhone.

Since when did your choice of your phone become a fashion statement. I agree a lot of people buy it for that reason, but a lot of people also buy it for other useful reasons such as because it just works well for them. We've come to a point where specs really don't matter unless they're being taken advantage off. What's the point of quad core or whatever, when there aren't apps or games being written to take advantage of it.
And how are they losing an edge in their market. I agree it's become slow and the design hasn't changed much, but a bigger more complete update will come in due time.

Yeah, so long as they have that $121 billion cash pile in the bank along with the interests receiving on it, they’ll be fine.
The OS has small tiny issues, which can be easily updated if they want to. You really think that they don’t know what widgets are. Heck, they had them way before anyone else. Dashboard and spaces is old news and they can develop something like that for iOS easily. The inter app communication will probably be solved eventually with the release a new iOS with XPC in the SDK. Ive’s back in charge of UI and we might see some improvements or little changes. Most of these issues are cosmetic. iOS isn’t a open playground and thus is a walled garden for security. If Apple feels the pressure, then they can easily fix these issues in a year. The thing is the ecosystem of apps. Android is close, but tablet apps suck. But as Microsoft is learning, it’s harder to convince third party developers to make stuff. iOS is number one priority for almost all startups and mobile developers even though we keep hearing Android taking marketshare.

Even Ebay’s mobile chief admitted that iOS is number 1 priority. Why is iOS still on top for developers? eBay says it still is #1 despite Android’s market share.
https://plus.google....sts/WfLAwt1UFYM

Just like OS X is still here with a small marketshare for dedicated users, iOS will be fine too. Revolutions like the original iphone from 2007 don’t happen every year. I’m sure Apple’s cooking something to conquer the next billion dollar market.

#27 OP +V-Tech

V-Tech

Neowinian Senior

• 3,070 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 12 November 2012 - 22:05

Since when did your choice of your phone become a fashion statement. I agree a lot of people buy it for that reason, but a lot of people also buy it for other useful reasons such as because it just works well for them. We've come to a point where specs really don't matter unless they're being taken advantage off. What's the point of quad core or whatever, when there aren't apps or games being written to take advantage of it.
And how are they losing an edge in their market. I agree it's become slow and the design hasn't changed much, but a bigger more complete update will come in due time.

Yeah, so long as they have that $121 billion cash pile in the bank along with the interests receiving on it, they’ll be fine.
The OS has small tiny issues, which can be easily updated if they want to. You really think that they don’t know what widgets are. Heck, they had them way before anyone else. Dashboard and spaces is old news and they can develop something like that for iOS easily. The inter app communication will probably be solved eventually with the release a new iOS with XPC in the SDK. Ive’s back in charge of UI and we might see some improvements or little changes. Most of these issues are cosmetic. iOS isn’t a open playground and thus is a walled garden for security. If Apple feels the pressure, then they can easily fix these issues in a year. The thing is the ecosystem of apps. Android is close, but tablet apps suck. But as Microsoft is learning, it’s harder to convince third party developers to make stuff. iOS is number one priority for almost all startups and mobile developers even though we keep hearing Android taking marketshare.

Even Ebay’s mobile chief admitted that iOS is number 1 priority. Why is iOS still on top for developers? eBay says it still is #1 despite Android’s market share.
https://plus.google....sts/WfLAwt1UFYM

Just like OS X is still here with a small marketshare for dedicated users, iOS will be fine too. Revolutions like the original iphone from 2007 don’t happen every year. I’m sure Apple’s cooking something to conquer the next billion dollar market.

The issue with Apple (at least this is what i think) they set a very high standard in the beginning for high end devices and being revolutionary. In the last year or maybe two we are seeing Apple just drag behind other companies and the last releases of iPhone 4s and iPhone 5 didnt really change that much for the iPhone itself.

Now because people expect so much from Apple, the dismantlement is as high and this is the reason people bash them a lot lately.

Yes, they have A LOT of cash and yes they have the main core of users that will always purchase their devices and of course they will keep releasing their iPhones BUT i do see them loose market share in 2013 (actually it already happens) to Android and Windows Phone 8 and hack maybe even BB 10 if they will come up with something good.

I believe that those long crazy lines next to Apple Stores before the release will become shorter and maybe even disappear at some point.

#28 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 23:03

Why so soon? The iPhone 5 was just released.

#29 Tech Star

Tech Star

Neowinian Senior

• 10,553 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 23:16

I think that they are just want to fix the release schedule for their devices. It's not smart to release both a new iPhone and iPad is the same quarter, it just leads to lower sales. So now they will move the iPhone to the beginning of the year and the iPad to the end. More people are more likely to purchase an iPad as a gift rather than an iPhone.

#30 Secular Humanist

Secular Humanist

Neowinian Senior

• 3,904 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 23:24

Almost all companies are working on the next version of a product as soon as their current one comes out. Sometimes even 2 generations even ahead. Seems a lot of people don't know this.

you buy a phone because its cool? weird.