Photo

What I hate about Windows 8 (not start menu related)

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Motorola Moto G

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:42

No don't delete Explorer .exe. That's Windows Explorer and if you do that Windows will not longer work. I have only deleted the Internet Explorer browser, nothing else. But although there are no side effects of removing IE from Windows 7 or Windows 8. You should not try this on Windows XP or Windows Vista. As they depend more on Internet Explorer than Windows 7 and Windows 8 does.

He was being quite facetious. Andrea, I told you before: You shouldn't delete program folders from your HD. If you want to remove IE from your system, you can do so by going to Add/Remove programs, and on the left side click "Turn Windows features on/off" You then un check Internet explorer and wait for it to finish and reboot. Don't uninstall/install something in that box that you don't know how to use-it might mess up your computer. I'm just trying to help you. :) On another note: are you in England? I thought the European version of Windows couldn't include IE. Hmmm....odd....Do you install IE or do you have the American version of Windows?

As for your net books and Skype, does your camera work with other programs? If not go to your manufacture's website and download all the latest drivers and install them. I know you don't like using the most recent programs, but drivers are different--they tell your hardware what to do and an update may fix a bug that keeps you from using your camera with Skype. Install them all one by one and reboot if they ask you to reboot. Install the latest Skype and see if it works.

If your hardware problems persist, you might want to think about getting a new computer. I know they are quite expensive, but maybe if you backup all your data from your computers, wipe them, and sell them, you can get a brand new shiny Windows 8 ultra book with a touch screen or maybe even a Surface! It's something to consider. :)

Sorry everyone for being off topic.

#62 Wakers

Wakers

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:59

The European versions come with IE installed but they also bring up a browser selection page the first time you run Windows.

#63 abysal

abysal

Neowin Addict

• Phone: BB9930/SGSIII

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:17

I'm confused. What's wrong with wanting to access the Program Files folder in Windows 8 (or Windows in general, for that matter)? As Hitman2000 states he likes to modify his games, and when I was doing that years back there weren't always handy little installation files that did it for you.

I was being partially facetious. There's nothing wrong with being able to mess with your computer, and the more relaxed UAC in Win 7 and Win 8 do a decent job of staying out of the users way.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!