DDR3-3900 ?

If you're looking for the "cr?me de la cr?me" in memory overclocking then your definitely at the right place at ocaholic. We currently hold almost every world record when it comes to memory overclocking. This week-end ocaholic's Christian Ney went for the holy grail in memory overclocking - again. His goal was to beat his own - quite insane - record which used to be at 1'937.9 MHz (effective DDR3-3'875.8).

When it comes to setting a new memory world record, then it's not all about the memory module you're testing. As important as the memory is the CPU you're using or a bit more precise, the CPUs memory controller. ocaholic's Christian Ney was using his AMD Llano A8-3870K CPU, which he cooled using liquid nitrogen. LN2 is a must to achieve such frequencies. Regarding the memory he chose G.Skill's F3-2666C1-4GTXD module. Also the memory modules have been cooled using liquid nitrogen, otherwise it's just impossible to reach frequencies like this.

After no less then twelve hours of intense testing ocaholic's Christian Ney succeeded in reaching 1'950 MHz (effective DDR3-3900). With this record he was able to significantly improve his old wolrd record. The only downside with the story? His amazing CPU died during the tests.

Setup

• AMD Llano A8-3870K + GELID GC-Extreme Thermal Compound + Otterauge rev4a LN2 pot
  • Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H
  • G.Skill F3-2666C11-4GTXD + New KPC LN2 Memory pot (more details soon)
  • 3DFX Voodoo3 2000 PCI
  • Corsair AX1200i
  • PCI SATA2 card
  • Lenovo keyboard/mouse
  • Random SSD
  • And of course TP (Toilet Paper allover)

normal_WithLogo.png

normal_IMG_6532.JPG

normal_TridentXallaround.JPG

• 8 months later...

CL = 7.1 ns. Yes, that's amazing! (Y)

That's why I choose G.Skill, too. I don't know which chips they are using, but they seem to go through actual testing unlike others that are "hand tested" and happen to be DOA. Or perhaps my sample size isn't very great in comparison... but anyway - ten points to G.Skill (Y)