Nexus 4 sells out in less than 1hour in UK

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#31 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 13 November 2012 - 14:58

I never said my iPhone was better. What I am saying is, there are better Android alternatives out there such as the Galaxy S3, that's what I am saying. Not once did I mention that the iPhone or Windows phone for that matter, is better in any way. We are talking Android, not iPhone or Windows phone.

I never said you said your iPhone was better.

O a Samsung fan? Please tell me how much Galaxy S3 costs? Retail price please, not subsidized price.

#32 Cute James

Cute James

Neowinian

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:02

Wow, this phone looks like it'll sell by the truckload.

I wonder how long it will be before this news makes its way onto the WP News front page?

#33 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:32

I never said you said your iPhone was better.

O a Samsung fan? Please tell me how much Galaxy S3 costs? Retail price please, not subsidized price.

Galaxy S3 with a 2 yr contract: $199.00

Unlocked: $550.00 - http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B0080DJ6CM

If I'm going to spend $$$ on an Android phone, I might as well get the best of the best with everything, including an SD card slot for expansion. That's just me.

Those who get the Nexus 4 will regret it later when they fill their phone up with apps and garbage and find themselves without any more space to store stuff at.

#34 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:39

Those who get the Nexus 4 will regret it later when they fill their phone up with apps and garbage and find themselves without any more space to store stuff at.

Maybe those who don't know what they are buying.
I'm sure some people carry over 20GB of music around but I have a Nexus S with 16GB and so far have never run out of space.

If you need more storage then just go with another phone, but if you don't then you can get a really good phone for cheap here.

Heck, you can buy both a Nexus4 and a Nexus7 for the same money you'd have to spend to get a Galaxy SIII.

#35 still1

still1

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:49

Wow, this phone looks like it'll sell by the truckload.

I wonder how long it will be before this news makes its way onto the WP News front page?

never in Neowin front page. all u see in front page is windows

#36 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:51

I'm sure the regret will come before that, when they'll flip the phone on the table by mistake while playing angry birds and the glass will crack.

#37 Rippleman

Rippleman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:51

to sell out this fast, there must have been line ups? The same people that say "people lining up to buy iphones are stupid" are the same people lining up to buy a nexus. :) hypocrites

#38 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 13 November 2012 - 16:03

to sell out this fast, there must have been line ups? The same people that say "people lining up to buy iphones are stupid" are the same people lining up to buy a nexus. :) hypocrites

A line up to buy online? Well, polling a web page and standing for hours in front of a physical store is hardly the same thing, more so when you can even automate the former or just wait for Google's mail notification.

#39 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 13 November 2012 - 16:11

Don't know you can line up on teh interwebz.

Learned a new thing today, thanks.

#40 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 13 November 2012 - 16:13

If you want to read a better review of the Nexus 4, I'd suggest this one:

View

According to all of the reviews I have seen, at this moment in time the differences in speed between HSDPA and LTE are currently not that great as most networks haven't fully rolled it out so the N4's lack of LTE support isn't as much of a killer issue as that PC mag editor makes it out to be.

#41 still1

still1

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 November 2012 - 17:01

16 Gb Nexus 4 already sold out in US(It was open for 15-20 minutes). just 8 Gb version available at the moment. wtf

#42 kjordan2001

kjordan2001

Mystery Solver

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 13 November 2012 - 17:30

16 Gb Nexus 4 already sold out in US(It was open for 15-20 minutes). just 8 Gb version available at the moment. wtf

And even that's not available now.

#43 Singh400

Singh400

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 November 2012 - 17:32

Scorbing has an iPhone, who would have guesses that...everyone. Please go and troll else where please. All you concerns have been addressed multiple times, by different people across the web.

#44 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 13 November 2012 - 17:45

If I'm going to spend $$$ on an Android phone, I might as well get the best of the best with everything, including an SD card slot for expansion. That's just me.

Curious that the same limitation doesn't seem to bother you when buying an iPhone. Could it be that you're just complaining for the sake of having something to complain about? In general terms Android apps tend to be smaller than iPhone apps.

#45 Rippleman

Rippleman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 November 2012 - 17:46

A line up to buy online? Well, polling a web page and standing for hours in front of a physical store is hardly the same thing, more so when you can even automate the former or just wait for Google's mail notification.

due to glitching, people were sitting in front of their computers for hours.... hence... "the line up" lol