IE10 Release Preview for Windows 7 Available

Upgrade was fast and smooth.. of course a reboot was required. Browser is snappy as ever and rendering great. Off to run some browser tests/benchmarks

Upgrade was fast and smooth.. of course a reboot was required. Browser is snappy as ever and rendering great. Off to run some browser tests/benchmarks

Can't wait to see how it compares to IE9

2540 score on peacekeeper test on my laptop.

320 From html5test

Sunspider 110.8 ms

V8 v6 score - 6827

Kraken:

===============================================

RESULTS (means and 95% confidence intervals)

-----------------------------------------------

Total: 4919.7ms +/- 0.6%

Does this overwrite IE9 upon installing it?

Yes, it overwrite your installed IE9.

I'm testing it at work. The performance is fine, no complaints there. But what's with using Win8 scrollbars in the Win7 version? That's just lazy, MS.

Well I have got Windows 7 and I have never upgraded to IE9. I have stuck with IE8 which is the default version of IE that comes with Windows 7, when you install it. IE10 is exactly the same as IE9. It is slow and slows down the whole of Windows.So if Microsoft think that I or anyone else is going to install IE10 they must be joking. I have uninstalled IE10 from my Windows 8 as well. So the answer to the question will I install IE10 on my Windows 7 is NO WAY.

Well I have got Windows 7 and I have never upgraded to IE9. I have stuck with IE8 which is the default version of IE that comes with Windows 7, when you install it. IE10 is exactly the same as IE9. It is slow and slows down the whole of Windows.So if Microsoft think that I or anyone else is going to install IE10 they must be joking. I have uninstalled IE10 from my Windows 8 as well. So the answer to the question will I install IE10 on my Windows 7 is NO WAY.

IE 9/10 is the best browser ever made by Microsoft. Please stop posting here if you cannot get you facts straight. They are 100% faster and more secure than IE8. Just Google the benchmarks for them and stop being so ignorant. What A/V do you use Norton 2006? /s

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I like how you talk about IE9 but also tell us you never installed it. Do you actually use IE8 as your default browser?

IE 9/10 is the best browser ever made by Microsoft. Please stop posting here if you cannot get you facts straight. They are 100% faster and more secure than IE8. Just Google the benchmarks for them and stop being so ignorant. What A/V do you use Norton 2006? /s

her problem is that she runs the cheapest of crappy netbooks.

that's right NETbooks

• Like 2

Ugh..

It's been proven over and over again that IE9 (and obviously 10) is much faster than IE8. It is also more secure and has much better compatibility with pretty much all websites.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I like how you talk about IE9 but also tell us you never installed it. Do you actually use IE8 as your default browser?

Bingo! She doesn't make sense. lol

Grrr, the title should be changed for this post!! Been quite some time since this came out so I thought this was new and IE 10 for Win 7 was out as a final now.

Actually no it hasn't been quite some time...the preview was just released on 11/12...and this post was created on 11/13

Actually no it hasn't been quite some time...the preview was just released on 11/12...and this post was created on 11/13

a week in nerd time feels like forever :rofl: