Tweetro Pulled from Windows Store - Thanks to Twitter

Well, we knew it would happen sooner or later. Tweetro is officially pulled from the Windows Store. If you have the app installed and connected to twitter, it will continue to work.

But as I mentioned in the previous forum post, twitter's API limits crippled tweetro.

Source: http://www.winsyde.com/tweetro-pulled-from-the-windows-store-as-twitter-continues-to-****-on-developers/

Ahhh, damn it.

Well, when it does come back as a premium app I will support them if the price is right. On the other hand, I'm not so comfortable with supporting third party clients with the knowledge that Twitter can continue to crap over the third party apps that gave them its traffic.

This is why I still use the pre-acquisition version of TweetDeck.

I preferred MetroTwit to Tweetro (and to HootSuite as well, which MetroTwit replaced). MetroTwit is also in the Store.

Because Twitter doesn?t know how to monetize itself.

Well, yeah, that I know, but this seems like the worst of all possible solutions. If they had an official Windows 8 client, that I would understand.

I preferred MetroTwit to Tweetro (and to HootSuite as well, which MetroTwit replaced). MetroTwit is also in the Store.

I do actually intend to snag MetroTwit at some point. I was referring more to the Desktop side of things. I've always liked MetroTwit (and know some of the team) but still always gravitate back to TweetDeck on desktop.

Twitter's API limits are ridiculous. I'm glad the same limits aren't applied by Facebook, because Friendcaster is a lot better than the official Facebook app for Android.

I do actually intend to snag MetroTwit at some point. I was referring more to the Desktop side of things. I've always liked MetroTwit (and know some of the team) but still always gravitate back to TweetDeck on desktop.

I first tried MetroTwit when it was originally plugged here on Neowin, back when Windows 8 was still in beta (and it was a Win32 applicaiton then - hence a direct competitor to HootSuite). If anything, it's seriously improved performance-wise since it became a straight RT app. When I mentioned the Election Night thrashing I gave it, I wasn't kidding - over half the Twitter accounts I started following came out of that thrash. HootSuite had serious issues following that many threads at once, which is why I never really pushed it; MetroTwit is like that infamous bunny. (A desktop version of MetroTwit remains available for non-ModernUI fans and those not running 8.) Because HootSuite, like MetroTwit, is full-screen-only, I lost nothing in the switch. TweetDeck reminds me FAR too much of Trillian, which I despise.