Windows Phone 8 voice controls

Been looking online and haven't found much on this. I am thinking about getting the Lumia 920. One feature I have not heard much about with Windows Phone 8 though is Microsofts TellME. How does it compare now to Siri or Googles version on Android? Have they improved upon it since WP7?

Been looking online and haven't found much on this. I am thinking about getting the Lumia 920. One feature I have not heard much about with Windows Phone 8 though is Microsofts TellME. How does it compare now to Siri or Googles version on Android? Have they improved upon it since WP7?

I just got the 920 sunday and the only thing I care about that works is I can talk type a text to my wife and have the phone send it (through Bluetooth). IF you say Note send a birthday card it will write that down in one note.

It also does your typical call my wife stuff too. If its not something like text it will do a bing search on it

Just as you can do some things with the other two that can't be done on Windows Phone, you can certainly do things with Windows Phone that can't be done on the other two. Here is a link to one example of how apps can use TellMe:

http://m.wpcentral.com/video-sneak-peek-gl-k-windows-phone-8

You can dictate emails, text, open up apps to certain points other than just starting the app. It's a pretty powerful tool if you favor using voice a lot.

Microsofts TellME.

As an FYI, TellMe isn't really a consumer facing "app" or technology, it just powers the voice to text transcription. It's a tool used to build voice UI's, like what you see on Windows Phone, or with Xbox & Kinect, but isn't itself something that's comparable to Siri. The closet direct comparison is that it could power either Google Now or Siri's backends, but it's what those products do with the words they've converted from voice to text that makes all the difference.

The voice control on Windows Phone doesn't really have a name, other than "speech".

If more developers add support for voice into their apps like the demos of audible have for example that'd make things interesting.

I just got the 920 sunday and the only thing I care about that works is I can talk type a text to my wife and have the phone send it (through Bluetooth). IF you say Note send a birthday card it will write that down in one note.

It also does your typical call my wife stuff too. If its not something like text it will do a bing search on it

How is it? DO WANT!