Selling iPhone 5, getting Samsung Galaxy S 3

Well the time has come, I am finally jumping ship from Apple back to Android. I have owned every iPhone since the 2g and own 2 Apple TV's, 2 iPads, and a 2012 Macbook Pro but have decided after purchasing the iPhone 5 the day it was released, that I am going back Android for my phone.

iPhone 5 for me is not what I wanted it to be. Most of the apps still aren't updated for the bigger screen so you have these bars up top and at the bottom. LTE is not available in my area with AT&T, hell it isn't available ANY where in my State yet, so its pointless for me, and overall I am just not happy with it. The OS has gotten very stale and with no jailbreak available, I have nothing to play around with to keep me interested. I also have had to return my iPhone 5 twice already due to hardware defects, and now looks like we have a new hardware defect with the screen not being able to keep up with swipes.

I was an Apple fanboi, an iSheep, yes, yes I was, but since Steve has died things have slowly started to go downhill, and with them releasing new products way to fact and some without quality testing and issues arising, I just don't see them continuing to climb, but instead decline.

• Like 2

Not really looking to buy, but just curious. Why not go for the Nexus 4 instead? Cheaper than the sgs3. Biggest benefit is immediate updates of new android versions. I had the sgs2 and it drove me insane that it took 6 months after ICS was announced for Samsung to release the update.

Looks like that AOKP web site has Malware:

For whatever reason, Chrome considers a lot of the official custom rom websites and downloads to be malicious. Even the official CM9 nightlies get flagged as malware when you download them.

Hey mate glad your going for the S3 here are AOKP roms when you decide to flash. Very stable roms and run to use :) http://goo.im/devs/aokp/d2att Ive had battery life for over 22hours without charge.

I have the verizon SGS3 and have tried many of the well known custom roms available for this phone and none of them have come close to the stability, battery life or speed as well as the stock rom, maybe it's my particular phone I dunno but the custom rom thing has not been very pleasant for me and this phone, perhaps the ATT versions are better.

With the stock rom non-rooted I can get around 30 hours of moderate use out of it and with the nova launcher I can get it to look and respond exactly the way I want it too.

Not dissing anyone for using custom roms, I used them on a lot of my previous phones with much success, but this GS3 just doesn't like them and really the longer I own it the more I begin to realize that it just doesn't need them.

post-344504-0-21888100-1352850957.png

I would get a phone that's not full of bloatware like the Nexus 4. I literally can't stand the S3 and don't get why it's so popular - just my opinion though!

Not really looking to buy, but just curious. Why not go for the Nexus 4 instead? Cheaper than the sgs3. Biggest benefit is immediate updates of new android versions. I had the sgs2 and it drove me insane that it took 6 months after ICS was announced for Samsung to release the update.

This pretty much summarises my feelings towards most android phones. The google nexus releases are the only ones I'd touch.

I would get a phone that's not full of bloatware like the Nexus 4. I literally can't stand the S3 and don't get why it's so popular - just my opinion though!

I agree. That is the thing I hate about about Samsung phones. They are full of useless bloatware and they take months, if not longer, to update to the latest and greatest version of Android. It sucks.

I agree. That is the thing I hate about about Samsung phones. They are full of useless bloatware and they take months, if not longer, to update to the latest and greatest version of Android. It sucks.

Same with most android phones. Google are definitely taking things in the right direction with the nexus devices. I think they're great.

I'm gonna personally stick with my 4S for another year but love what Google and Microsoft are doing.

Sprints Samsung S3's have already received Jelly Bean. They might be getting quicker with these releases, as the hardware starts to not become too much of a factor. As well as carriers are becoming more accustomed to testing and releasing them faster too.

Same with most android phones. Google are definitely taking things in the right direction with the nexus devices. I think they're great.

I'm gonna personally stick with my 4S for another year but love what Google and Microsoft are doing.

If I was to switch to Android tomorrow, I would go with the Nexus just because I absolutely hate bloatware, that is why I have an Iphone.

If I was to switch to Android tomorrow, I would go with the Nexus just because I absolutely hate bloatware, that is why I have an Iphone.

I've always thought that but after using my Galaxy Tab 2 tablet for a bit with Touchwiz, I would be fine with a S3 or a Note 2. Also, the lack of a SD card is sort of a deal breaker to me.

Only problem I have with the new Nexus 4 is that its $299 for a 8 gig model with no SD card slot. It does not have LTE, which we will be getting first part of next year and I honestly do not like the on screen buttons. I much prefer the physical button on the S3. Also factoring in its sold out means I will not be getting the Nexus 4. Thanks for the suggestions on that one though, I have been looking at comparisons all day of both the S3 and the Nexus 4 to try and decide.

Only problem I have with the new Nexus 4 is that its $299 for a 8 gig model with no SD card slot. It does not have LTE, which we will be getting first part of next year and I honestly do not like the on screen buttons. I much prefer the physical button on the S3. Also factoring in its sold out means I will not be getting the Nexus 4. Thanks for the suggestions on that one though, I have been looking at comparisons all day of both the S3 and the Nexus 4 to try and decide.

Well if you plan too put music on the phone u can always stream it using google music which you can upload up to 20,000 songs online for free!

Well if you plan too put music on the phone u can always stream it using google music which you can upload up to 20,000 songs online for free!

I never put music on my phone. I have ALWAYS streamed music using Pandora, Slacker, Spotify or Rdio. All my space is used for pictures and apps, and since I am going back to Android and have the ability to use the phone as a usb transfer device I want the extra storage to be able to use that if needed.

My 2 cents :p

What about Windows Phone?

I thought about it, but just to young in the market right now. I like the Nokia 920, don't get me wrong, but its just not where they need to be right now for me

gs3 is still a great choice even with the new stuff coming out. it's my first android phone, and it's been great so far.

(i would like updates faster, but that's verizon for you...)

First thing I plan on doing is turning it into a SuperNexus.

For whatever reason, Chrome considers a lot of the official custom rom websites and downloads to be malicious. Even the official CM9 nightlies get flagged as malware when you download them.

Never done that for me, odd :/