What about Windows Phone?

windows what?

#47 Fahim S.

Fahim S.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 14 November 2012 - 22:02

The grass always seems greener on the other side but would be interested in your experience after some time owning the Galaxy S3.

Personally I would advise against it because I would want the stock Android experience as it is pretty good and TouchWiz is horrible in comparison. I know you can throw a custom ROM but I'd still buy a Nexus device because they get the new versions of Android first.

#48 OP SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 14 November 2012 - 23:45

You can't really go wrong either way. I'd take the Nexus 4 over either (S4 Pro vs S4), knowing Google they won't be out of stock that long. As I recall they tend to go in and out of stock as they build up supply. I'd expect you could order one within a week. I'm with ya though. I'm not really anti-Apple, but I just find their phones boring and less useful.

I am just so leary of the Nexus 4, just because its an LG, no LTE and its limited storage. I just think its not were it needs to be and just like with the Nexus 7, they will release an update soon enough that will make the 16 gig with LTE be the same price as the current 8gig model.

#49 Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• Phone: 1-800-CALL-ME-MAYBE

Posted 14 November 2012 - 23:48

Welcome to the Android club, where Android eats Apple for dinner. :D

#50 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

Posted 14 November 2012 - 23:55

I am just so leary of the Nexus 4, just because its an LG, no LTE and its limited storage. I just think its not were it needs to be and just like with the Nexus 7, they will release an update soon enough that will make the 16 gig with LTE be the same price as the current 8gig model.

I'd say go test out an S3 and which ever other phone you are thinking about. To me, the display is just fine. But others are more picky on little almost unnoticeable details :p

#51 nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13

NeKroSoft inc.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 00:32

world wide market share shows that android dominates. from 3q2011 to 3q2012 android grew from 52% market share to 72% while ios shrunk from 15% to 13& soon only apple cult members will have ios devices.

#52 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 15 November 2012 - 00:49

Welcome to the Android club, where Android eats Apple for dinner. :D

I think so too but not everyone does. My wife, for example, loves her iPhone. For the life of me I can't figure out why.

#53 OP SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 November 2012 - 00:59

I think so too but not everyone does. My wife, for example, loves her iPhone. For the life of me I can't figure out why.

My wife told me last "don't think we are going android just because you are". My wife and kids love their iPhones and iPads

#54 The Guvnor

The Guvnor

Corl!! Stand Back!!

• Phone: iPhone 5 16GB, iPhone 4S 16GB, iPad Mini 16GB WiFi

Posted 15 November 2012 - 13:00

since Steve has died things have slowly started to go downhill, and with them releasing new products way to fact and some without quality testing and issues arising, I just don't see them continuing to climb, but instead decline.

My thoughts exactly, I am one serious MacZealot though I shall stay on this platform due to professional commitments.

Who's going to want your second hand iPhone 5, after your filthy paws have been all over it?

Hungry iSheep

My wife told me last "don't think we are going android just because you are". My wife and kids love their iPhones and iPads

Those who don't mess around with their phones a lot love the iPhone for the smooth & refined stock experience that it offers.

#55 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

Posted 15 November 2012 - 13:08

There is a reason why the government ditched Blackberry over iPhone and not Android:

Security.

Sorry but Android's security sucks. I have yet to see an iPhone get infected with malware or a virus.

Actually the security of the OS is perfectly fine, it offers the same enterprise level security options as the iPhone, it's sideloading of applications and some market applications that present the problems. Nothing that couldn't be sorted by placing restrictions upon the handsets. If you're careful, you won't get infected on Android, I haven't so don't listen to all of the iScaremongering.

#56 OP SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 November 2012 - 13:16

Who's going to want your second hand iPhone 5, after your filthy paws have been all over it?

Its funny you say that because it sold yesterday

iPhone sold.png

So with the extra money I am thinking about going all in and getting a Nexus 7 as well.

BTW after watching the Verges review of the Nexus 4 I have definitely decided against it. After having the iPhone 4 and 4s with a glass back there is no way I want to go back to that.

#57 ]SK[

]SK[

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 15 November 2012 - 13:20

Quick question. If you had every iPhone since its release at which point did you have an Android which you are now going back to?

I did something similar but started with the 3G. After having two iPhones I went to Android. Before my contract was up I ditched the Android to go back to the iPhone. For me the App's are far superior on iOS than they are on Android. If a major company releases a new App you tend to find it reaches iOS users before any other mobile OS.

I agree though, the iPhone has been boring for two years now.

#58 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 15 November 2012 - 13:31

I wouldn't do it honestly. I'm getting really peeved with my Galaxy S3.

#59 vanillaketch

vanillaketch

Neowinian

Posted 15 November 2012 - 13:41

I am also selling my Iphone 5 as well. I am using the S3 and loving every moment with it!

#60 OP SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 November 2012 - 13:48

Quick question. If you had every iPhone since its release at which point did you have an Android which you are now going back to?

I have used iPhone since the 2g. I bought the Samsung Galaxy S 1 (Captivate) when it came out and used it for almost a year then went back to iPhone.

I wouldn't do it honestly. I'm getting really peeved with my Galaxy S3.

What issues are you having?