Photo

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,276 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 00:18

Delusioned people thinking that a 15 year sentence is a decent amount for burning and selling a few movies.....
I hope if a cop see's any of you spit on the ground, you get jailed for 1 year... because that is basically how stupid this is.
Drug dealers, murderers, rapist, and worst have received lighter sentences than this.
But, you can tell how bad this country is getting, when people will agree with this kind of ruling. Total lack of compassion for humanity and life.
And the whole " he did it before " speil isn't worth takign 15 years away from someone's life. He didn't harm anyone in his recent actions, other than some wealthy C.E.O's... of course, in America, that is the worst type of crime... Crime against a rich white man by a poor man.

I wouldn't say the punishment fits the crime but I do say the crime deserves a punishment. People steal because they get away with it.

That's about all I can add.

#17 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

• 1,870 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 00:24

The (Un)-United Capitalist States of America ~ Where man slaughter isn't a serious a crime as selling pirated material.

#18 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 00:47

A person should only go to prison when they are a menace to society. This man is not. He should pay for his crimes, but it should be in a way that totally fits the crime.

#19 Brandon C.

Brandon C.

[REDACTED]

• 1,474 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:11

Moved to Back Page News.

#20 Authentic X

Authentic X

Neowinian

• 156 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:18

What a waste of tax payers money to protect the RIAA or MPAA.Maybe if it didnt cost 12 bux for a movie ,people wouldnt pirate the crap.

#21 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:31

I wouldn't say the punishment fits the crime but I do say the crime deserves a punishment. People steal because they get away with it.

That's about all I can add.

It sure does deserve a punishment, but nothing that restricts his life as such. Fine him, probation, but not jail. That only cost the tax payers more money. And digital stealing should not warrant jail time, unless it's somehow ruining a livelihood of some sort.

#22 ncoday

ncoday

Neowinian

• 1,187 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:44

For perspective, this guy got SEVENTY FIVE percent of the sentence that Anders Behring Breivik received for killing 77 people in Norway last year.

The punishment don't fit the crime :/

All that means is that Norway is a wussy state that doesn't believe in giving that idiot the sentence he deserves, death.

#23 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,276 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:47

It sure does deserve a punishment, but nothing that restricts his life as such. Fine him, probation, but not jail. That only cost the tax payers more money. And digital stealing should not warrant jail time, unless it's somehow ruining a livelihood of some sort.

Fines aren't a deterrant for repeat offenders. And he's selling it, not just stealing.

#24 YanksOnTop

YanksOnTop

Neowinian Senior

• 1,765 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:10

Nice.. I can kill someone and get less time than that. lmao!!

#25 joep1984

joep1984

Neowinian

• 176 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:33

I guess the new rule is to NOT sell your copies of those 1s and 0s...

#26 giantpotato

giantpotato

Neowinian Senior

• 3,138 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:43

It's his own fault. Three strikes and you're out http://mississippicr...-offender-laws/

#27 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,898 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:39

Whew, the streets of Mississsissipipiare safe once again.

#28 primexx

primexx

Neowinian Senior

• 12,749 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:59

this is stupid. and why the **** is copyright infringement a criminal offence in the first place?

#29 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• 6,134 posts
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:04

All that means is that Norway is a wussy state that doesn't believe in giving that idiot the sentence he deserves, death.

Nope. On the contrary it means they don't subscribe to the idea of taking an eye for an eye (see: Restorative Justice). It's unlikely that he'll ever see the free world again, but the judge in the case made a specific point that they won't bend the justice system for one madman.

#30 Syanide

Syanide

From here to infirmary.

• 4,176 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:11

To quote Jimmy Carr, a legal system based on baseball seems bizarre.