W8 Project boss Steven Sinofsky fired by Balmer 15 days after the launch

Holy sh*t, the misinformation here is brutal.

Love to see all the h8ters falling right into it. Check out the Neowin front page for both Sinofsky and Ballmer letters.

Friendly resignation, all else is speculation.

Sinofsky may be gone, but most of the shills still buy into the wretch inducing message that Windows 8 delivers. I can't see them changing it.

Holy sh*t, the misinformation here is brutal.

Love to see all the h8ters falling right into it. Check out the Neowin front page for both Sinofsky and Ballmer letters.

Friendly resignation, all else is speculation.

Left on good terms:

http://winsupersite....dership-changes

http://winsupersite....-changes-part-2

Maybe not so good terms:

http://www.theverge....ure-personality

Who knows, who cares, see ya Sinofsky, hello whoever that woman is :p

The letters were only released for the press and investors to dampen the speculation, but a guy like as brilliant as Sinofsky doesn't just leave a power position like that unless there's an internal clash or sudden personal issue.

The letters were only released for the press and investors to dampen the speculation, but a guy like as brilliant as Sinofsky doesn't just leave a power position like that unless there's an internal clash or sudden personal issue.

Like he just wants to leave? Wants to devote more time to personal interests, now that he's got the resources to do so? From the way it sounds, Sinofsky wouldn't mince words, especially if he weren't leaving on amicable circumstances. I don't find any reason to doubt that he'd mean what he says, especially to spit out criticism of something he believes would justify leaving said position.

Windows 8 is much better than Windows 7. It's not perfect and I agree with some of the criticisms.... but it is still faster and sleeker than it's predecessor to the point where get uneasy when returning to Windows 7.

• Like 2

Timing is tough, but this has absolutely nothing to do with Windows 8.

They have put the woman behind Metro in charge of Windows. If anything this signals an even more rapid transition away from Desktop than previously expected.

Next service pack, they may take the desktop out of win8 completely :)

Here will come another wave of whining.

They have put the woman behind Metro in charge of Windows. If anything this signals an even more rapid transition away from Desktop than previously expected.

Some people JUST CAN'T READ.... It's in the front news.... It's not ALL about Steven Sinofsky. If you don't like Win8 UI, you wont like who is replacing him!

Julie Larson-Green joined Microsoft in 1993 and worked on the Visual C++ team. Later, she helped create the user experience for Internet Explorer 3.0 and 4.0 and then joined the Microsoft Office team in 1997 where she lead the user interface design for Office XP, Office 2003 and Office 2007.

Larson-Green led the Office team to create what later became known as the Ribbon UI, which continues to be used in Office products. Microsoft's press release today added, "For Windows 7 and Windows 8 she was responsible for program management, user interface design and research, as well as development of all international releases."

And what I REALLY don't get is that everyone is quite aware that the economy is still in the commode - in fact, I can't recall ANY version of Windows - not even Windows for Workgroups 3.1 AKA "Windows for Warehouses" - releasing into a poor economy, let alone one as poor as the current one. Also, every public PC maker (or at least one that relies primarily on PCs for earnings and revenues) got whacked over the past week in terms of their stock pricing - that includes, Intel, AMD, and even Apple and Google. Pretty much the only reason Samsung didn't get whacked was due to their mobile business being a far more important contributor to earnings and revenue than their PC business. Don't keep putting the cart (Windows) before the horse (PC sales).

And what I REALLY don't get is that everyone is quite aware that the economy is still in the commode - in fact, I can't recall ANY version of Windows - not even Windows for Workgroups 3.1 AKA "Windows for Warehouses" - releasing into a poor economy, let alone one as poor as the current one. Also, every public PC maker (or at least one that relies primarily on PCs for earnings and revenues) got whacked over the past week in terms of their stock pricing - that includes, Intel, AMD, and even Apple and Google. Pretty much the only reason Samsung didn't get whacked was due to their mobile business being a far more important contributor to earnings and revenue than their PC business. Don't keep putting the cart (Windows) before the horse (PC sales).

And you do realize Windows 8 is pretty cheap. The cheapest a Windows OS has ever been?

good, Sinofsky idiot can burn in hell.

I really hope they fix all the screws that windows 8 is.

Gee...tell us how you really feel...

I'm sure you're smarter than SteveSi though...and better looking...and richer... /s