Photo
win8

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 +TruckWEB

TruckWEB

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:36

Some people JUST CAN'T READ.... It's in the front news.... It's not ALL about Steven Sinofsky. If you don't like Win8 UI, you wont like who is replacing him!

Julie Larson-Green joined Microsoft in 1993 and worked on the Visual C++ team. Later, she helped create the user experience for Internet Explorer 3.0 and 4.0 and then joined the Microsoft Office team in 1997 where she lead the user interface design for Office XP, Office 2003 and Office 2007.
Larson-Green led the Office team to create what later became known as the Ribbon UI, which continues to be used in Office products. Microsoft's press release today added, "For Windows 7 and Windows 8 she was responsible for program management, user interface design and research, as well as development of all international releases."

#17 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:54

Microsoft was just copying Apple once again. :p

#18 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 21 November 2012 - 16:03

Timing is tough, but this has absolutely nothing to do with Windows 8.

They have put the woman behind Metro in charge of Windows. If anything this signals an even more rapid transition away from Desktop than previously expected.

And what I REALLY don't get is that everyone is quite aware that the economy is still in the commode - in fact, I can't recall ANY version of Windows - not even Windows for Workgroups 3.1 AKA "Windows for Warehouses" - releasing into a poor economy, let alone one as poor as the current one. Also, every public PC maker (or at least one that relies primarily on PCs for earnings and revenues) got whacked over the past week in terms of their stock pricing - that includes, Intel, AMD, and even Apple and Google. Pretty much the only reason Samsung didn't get whacked was due to their mobile business being a far more important contributor to earnings and revenue than their PC business. Don't keep putting the cart (Windows) before the horse (PC sales).

#19 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 November 2012 - 16:07

And what I REALLY don't get is that everyone is quite aware that the economy is still in the commode - in fact, I can't recall ANY version of Windows - not even Windows for Workgroups 3.1 AKA "Windows for Warehouses" - releasing into a poor economy, let alone one as poor as the current one. Also, every public PC maker (or at least one that relies primarily on PCs for earnings and revenues) got whacked over the past week in terms of their stock pricing - that includes, Intel, AMD, and even Apple and Google. Pretty much the only reason Samsung didn't get whacked was due to their mobile business being a far more important contributor to earnings and revenue than their PC business. Don't keep putting the cart (Windows) before the horse (PC sales).

And you do realize Windows 8 is pretty cheap. The cheapest a Windows OS has ever been?

#20 RudeBoi

RudeBoi

Neowinian

Posted 21 November 2012 - 16:38

We can only hope that Microsoft sees sense and reinstates the startmenu and desktop instead of that horrific tile UI from the 80's.

#21 nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13

NeKroSoft inc.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 21:05

good, Sinofsky idiot can burn in hell.

I really hope they fix all the screws that windows 8 is.

#22 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 November 2012 - 22:22

good, Sinofsky idiot can burn in hell.

I really hope they fix all the screws that windows 8 is.

Gee...tell us how you really feel...

I'm sure you're smarter than SteveSi though...and better looking...and richer... /s

#23 Matt Plant

Matt Plant

Neowinian

Posted 22 November 2012 - 16:09

It's difficult to get your head around the 'Start Menu' but when you do, its GREAT!!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!