Photo

Sony issuing lifetime PSN bans to PS3 hackers

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:19

How very conceited. Code of conduct != TOS.

And if you must know, you'll feel great knowing that I also used to work for MS- Business Apps division, churning out the predecessor to Dynamics.

Awesome...always good to run into someone that has worked on projects there as well.

I apologize but again will have to point out you are in error.

Section 1.2 of the Terms of Use is as follows:

Are there additional terms for using the Services? Our goal is to create a safer and more secure environment so when using the Services, users must abide by these terms, the Xbox LIVE usage rules (http://www.xbox.com/usagerules), the Microsoft Anti-Spam Policy (http://go.microsoft..../?LinkId=117951) and the Code of Conduct (http://www.xbox.com/...l/codeofconduct), which are included in this Agreement by reference (the “Agreement”).

The Code of Conduct is official and part of the Terms of Use.

Should I call you conceited if you correct misinformation I spread about a project you work on?

#47 +InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Galaxy Nexus running CyanogenMod 11

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:39

I'm all for console modding in regards to allowing homebrew, apps, emulators and even modding games, its can be fun to play a modded game. However i dont agree in playing modified games on Xbox Live, people will cheat and spoil it for everyone else.

Take CoD 4 on Xbox, anyone can use mods on that to downrank people, and mess with legit players who just want to play / enjoy the game.

People can't be trusted with modded consoles on Xbox Live, I agree they should be out right banned. If you want to play modded games enough people are playing on XBS Connect and other services that allow system linked games to be played over the internet.

If its possible to abuse something people will until they are totally locked out.

To get the best of both worlds have two consoles like a lot of people do, or dualboot.

#48 +Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:45

I'm all for console modding in regards to allowing homebrew, apps, emulators and even modding games, its can be fun to play a modded game. However i dont agree in playing modified games on Xbox Live, people will cheat and spoil it for everyone else.

Take CoD 4 on Xbox, anyone can use mods on that to downrank people, and mess with legit players who just want to play / enjoy the game.

People can't be trusted with modded consoles on Xbox Live, I agree they should be out right banned. If you want to play modded games enough people are playing on XBS Connect and other services that allow system linked games to be played over the internet.

If its possible to abuse something people will until they are totally locked out.

To get the best of both worlds have two consoles like a lot of people do, or dualboot.

I kinda agree with this to a point, Like those Action Replay cards you used to be able to get for the PSX etc... if you're going to cheat offline and never go online, then I say, fair enough, you're not hurting anyone else.
But the online cheaters have seriously affected non cheating online gamers who now no longer play because of it.

#49 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:50

Xbox has india games for homebrew, no need to mod.

#50 +InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Galaxy Nexus running CyanogenMod 11

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:02

I did think that was going to be great at fist, however stuff created in XNA Game Studio has limited access to hardware and resources on the 360. Plus you have to pay each year to even use it from what i remember.

#51 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:17

Here's my personal (not endorsed by anyone else) take.

If you want a modded console? Use an offline tag that is only for that machine & do not connect it to anything that touches LIVE.

I have 0 issues with people in that scenario. I however do not want anything modified in any way to touch LIVE.

#52 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 28 November 2012 - 13:56

That is never enough for the homebrew alliance, they want total control over their hardware hence why they "hack".

#53 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 28 November 2012 - 14:01

Well then they can homebrew on their computers

#54 DPyro

DPyro

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:30

I haven't heard anyone actually get banned yet.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!