win8

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 contextfree

contextfree

Neowinian

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:01

Shutdown is *not* a "setting" microsoft :p

Yes it is :) Seriously, the Settings charm seems to really mean something like "functions that are about the app / system itself, rather than what you do with it". That's why stuff like Feedback (a "meta" function about the app, not the first-order purpose of the app), Rate and review (ditto) and even Help (about how you use it, not something you use it for) as well as preferences/options itself go there (on the app level) and why power controls (something that's about your computer, not something you do with your computer) is there too. It's a fairly clear concept IMO but something that's difficult to put in a word / icon so they probably just figured Settings was as good as any for it.

#17 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:10

Then what is Devices?

I finally got my hands on one of the Acer touch ultrabooks and been having fun with it so far. For some things, touch can be quite nice. One thing I did notice is that they don't come with any sort of haptic feedback.

Can anyone with a Surface report on how the haptic is on it? (I've noticed there is quite a range even within the WP7 ecosystem and not sure how that plays out on larger devices).

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!