Desktop IE 10 bookmarks sync

So, I want to remove google from my life completely. Right now I'm using chrome and I love its bookmark syncing (with favicons!). So here's the question: are bookmarks from the desktop version if IE 10 synced or not?

I'm referring to this setting:

mKcGP.jpg

I didn't have a chance to find out yet. So is this setting only for the metro version of IE or for both (metro and desktop)?

Yes, I know I could just install Xmarks, but I hate it. Xmarks has already completely screwed up my bookmarks twice, and I don't want that to happen again.

Thanks in advance :)

Yes, it does sync. I switched from Chrome with IE10 during Windows 8 Consumer Preview. Favorites (called bookmarks in Chrome) are in sync between desktop and metro versions of IE. Furthermore, if you have settings sync turned on, as you do on the picture above, it will sync across PCs. Even if you use desktop version exclusively, all favorites sync like it does in Chrome. The only downside is that since IE doesn't work on the Mac, Linux distors, iOS, and Android, favorites won't sync to those platform. Chrome syncs on all platforms. Finally, IE favorites will sync on Windows 8 and later versions, and NOT on Windows 7's IE10.

Also, just for future understanding, I would like to let you know that the desktop and metro versions of IE is the same browser with a different skin. They are not two browsers. Both browsers share settings, updates, and syncs. They run on the same engine and changing settings in one will affect the other. They look different, but they are the same IE.

Hope this helps.