japan dextrin weight loss journal of endocrinology

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 27,194 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:56

Not much shorter then I am. But your body frame is medium? So that's pretty damn good.

Just ignore the mess in the background

Posted Image

#17 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,501 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 17:04

^ Where are the cats ?

#18 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 18:14

Just ignore the mess in the background

Posted Image

Now you need to bulk up some. I could easily draw up a routine for you if you want.

#19 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 19,005 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 20:24

6' 1.5" and built like Bruce Banner on a bad day.

#20 SuperKid

SuperKid

Im no superman

• 2,520 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6 Plus

Posted 14 November 2012 - 20:44

Back in January 2009, when I weighed in at 216 LBS my goal was to get down to 179 pounds. During the 3 year duration of riding the exercise bike, I got down to 180. Then Crept back up to 194 while still ridding the bike. 2 years later on July 4th 2011 when I stopped ridding the bike and replaced it with a 3.5 mile daily walk, I got down to 182lbs during the entire year thus far of walking. On my 1st week of trying out the low carbohydrate diet and combining it with walking, I got my weight down to 181. Now after 4 months of low carb I am down to 168lbs. I have removed the walking and am going to main tain my diet via low carb. I stopped walking on July 4th 2012. Since that time my weight has stayed between 168 -171lbs.

What do you eat for breakfast, lunch & dinner each day? I am walking around 6 - 8 miles a day currently just not sure what to do about food.

#21 Gersson

Gersson

Neowinian

• 517 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 20:50

Ugh sounds like it will make them leaky...

#22 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 27,194 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 21:19

What do you eat for breakfast, lunch & dinner each day? I am walking around 6 - 8 miles a day currently just not sure what to do about food.

For breakfast I usually have 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter. Yes those are carbs, but some of the only direct carbs I have all day hence the low part. For lunch I usually have a Lettuces Salad with Carrots, Cheese and sliced turkey with salad dressing. I also nibble on some sun flower seeds while I watch TV - 35 carbs for the entire bag.

I also have some peperoni and cheese or summer sausage for a snack.

#23 SuperKid

SuperKid

Im no superman

• 2,520 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6 Plus

Posted 14 November 2012 - 21:55

For breakfast I usually have 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter. Yes those are carbs, but some of the only direct carbs I have all day hence the low part. For lunch I usually have a Lettuces Salad with Carrots, Cheese and sliced turkey with salad dressing. I also nibble on some sun flower seeds while I watch TV - 35 carbs for the entire bag.

I also have some peperoni and cheese or summer sausage for a snack.

Awesome, I need to loose 1.5 stone about 9.5kg i think to be in a healthy weight for my height (according to BMI - Body mass index). I recently give up drinking Pepsi Max which I drunk every single day and started drinking water more often, I think my liver will have a shock.

The hardest part about loosing weight is not the exercising really but what people eat it can be hard to come away from good food and never know what is actually good to eat.

#24 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,814 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 22:13

the life cycle of humans is 100% all about trying to find the easy way for everything. Do you use a remote control? Do you use a microwave? Do you Drive? Do you use a phone? Do you use a computer? Do you make your own clothes? Do you use refrigeration? Do you shop at the supermarket? Do you take any medication? Do you have indoor heat? Do you have windows in your house? Do you use a chair? Salt? Shoes? Glass? toothbrush? running water? Do you have windows? The list is almost endless and is anything and everything you use day in day out. Practice what you preach.

You make a fair point. After looking back on my post, then re-reading yours, I honestly have no rebuttal. Something about that makes me very sad.

#25 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• 1,883 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 22:28

you have to remember that with bike riding when the fat drops off itll start getting replaced with muscle. muscle is heavier than fat but shouldnt be considered bad obviously. your legs have very powerful muscles so theres alot of it you can build up, youll also build/tone upper body increasing muscle mass so it puts weight on at some point but it isnt the bad weight.

Just eating healthy to drop your bodies fat content and doing no excercise still isnt good. So at least get back on the walking

#26 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:10

Blocking fat absorbtion without seriously restricting fat intake could well lead to cramping and diarrhea - both symptoms seen with fat-blocking meds and supplements. If it isn't absorbed it just becomes a lubricant for everything else.

So the cure is worse than the disease.

#27 Rippleman

Rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,998 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:31

You make a fair point. After looking back on my post, then re-reading yours, I honestly have no rebuttal. Something about that makes me very sad.

i didn't mean it in a bad way :) the ending when i said "practice what you preach" wasn't mean literally to you, but just in the broad sense. It does suck that we are get lazier and lazier but... it is what it is.