9 posts in this topic

Posted

[b]RUSHVILLE, IL[/b] (AP)
3 people like this

Posted

There is someone that I have a lot of respect for. That man truly honors his career and his pledge to take care of the public, not like most doctors and hospitals, who refuse to treat you unless you are willing to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars.
2 people like this

Posted

Awesome story, people like this are so rare now days. The real pity is that these people get so little recognition. Even from the people that he helps.

Posted

Honor to the carrer, Impressive.

Posted

[quote name='Scorbing' timestamp='1352909390' post='595319842']
There is someone that I have a lot of respect for. That man truly honors his career and his pledge to take care of the public, not like most doctors and hospitals, who refuse to treat you unless you are willing to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars.
[/quote]
That wasn't a fair statement at all.
Blaming a business that goes through the number of lawsuits and has such high
costs as Medicine for charging so much is ignorant. You want prices to drop?
Disallow the lawsuits and reduce the costs of medication and medical school and
rent, etc.

If this guy can charge $5 and still make rent, good for him. Hell, I tip my hat to him.
I'm not arguing that he's NOT doing a good thing, but I am saying that doctors and
hospitals have a hell of a lot of out-of-pocket expense to cover, and the investment
of time as well on the doctor's part. This is a career the requires a great deal of
sacrifice JUST to get into, let alone be good at.

Posted

Complete respect for this guy. I had a doctor years ago that was heavially involved in research for a medical condition, he poured all the money he made as a doctor into having his own team to research it more and try to find a cure.
They're the kind of people that put a smile on your face and make you think the human race isn't always as bad as it's cracked up to be.

Posted

Well those doctors and nurses have lives to with families. The schools they went to make them in debt. Education for that old man happened a long time ago. It's sad that he doesn't have get refresher training. But good work. Bet he has no medical staff at his office. Just himself. That's why no appointments.

Posted

Incredible story!

Posted

He sure gets my respect.