• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:18

This is getting uglier and uglier. The war for power!. See link below for the full story.

Posted Image

http://www.cultofand...ing-with-apple/

#2 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:24

Apple is the world leader in litigation and marketing, that's pretty much it.

#3 Teebor

Teebor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,649 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:24

Probably just letting the thrill of winning the recent legal battles go to their head :D

#4 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:26

I don't see why they would be willing negotiate after Apple's tried to **** them for years.

#5 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:29

Apple declared war on Samsung and Google, but especially Samsung and they are going to lose. It's only going to be a matter of time before they run out of money to keep fighting. They may have 45 billion in the bank, but that doesn't last forever. A $300 million dollar law suite here and another $200 million there will hurt. They need to just come to terms and accept that they are not the only ones that can make phones and devices. There is enough to go around for everyone.

That's like Papa Johns one day deciding to sue Dominos, Pizza Hut and every company out there that makes Pizza just because they all look like his. Its ridiculous.

#6 thealexweb

thealexweb

Neowinian Senior

• 7,313 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:49

I agreed when I heard that Apple and HTC had agreed to cross-license each other's patents, but when I heard HTC would be paying $6 a handset I turned on it, $6 is way way to high, a few cents per device is more than generous from how little some of these patients are e.g. rubber bounce.

#7 BoredBozirini

BoredBozirini

Bozrini Tringuini

• 3,804 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 17:25

Are they still butthurt on the $1 billion they have to pay up?

#8 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 17:42

Are they still butthurt on the $1 billion they have to pay up?

It's going to be more than that if they continue with this charade.

#9 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,776 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 17:48

That $1 billion fine is going to get wiped out in appeal. There was clear juror misconduct so the whole thing will end up being thrown out for a retrial.

#10 ctebah

ctebah

Neowinian Senior

• 4,432 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 17:50

Apple declared war on Samsung and Google, but especially Samsung and they are going to lose. It's only going to be a matter of time before they run out of money to keep fighting. They may have 45 billion in the bank, but that doesn't last forever. A $300 million dollar law suite here and another $200 million there will hurt. They need to just come to terms and accept that they are not the only ones that can make phones and devices. There is enough to go around for everyone.

That's like Papa Johns one day deciding to sue Dominos, Pizza Hut and every company out there that makes Pizza just because they all look like his. Its ridiculous.

I think you got your numbers wrong. Apple has much, much more than 45 billion in the bank. I believe that number is close to 150 billion by now.

#11 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 17:55

That $1 billion fine is going to get wiped out in appeal. There was clear juror misconduct so the whole thing will end up being thrown out for a retrial.

I wonder what kind of goodies Apple gave to the jurors in exchange for their verdict.

#12 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,776 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 18:17

I wonder what kind of goodies Apple gave to the jurors in exchange for their verdict.

They didn't need to. They jury foreman led the rest to ignore the prior art, and from what I read, also owns a patent that Apple uses...

Plus, the trial should NEVER have been held in Apple's home town. A huge part of the populace either works for, or has relations connected to Apple in some way or other. The whole town is crawling with Apple fans.

#13 Fahim S.

Fahim S.

Neowinian Senior

• 2,960 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4 16GB by LG

Posted 14 November 2012 - 22:08

and from what I read, also owns a patent that Apple uses...

Source?

#14 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,776 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 22:15

Source?

Multiple articles found online in various places after the trial ended and he started to blab.

#15 Fahim S.

Fahim S.

Neowinian Senior

• 2,960 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4 16GB by LG

Posted 14 November 2012 - 22:17

Multiple articles found online in various places after the trial ended and he started to blab.

Can you link to one of them? I've read plenty that say he has a patent but none that say it is one that is licensed by Apple.