22 replies to this topic

#16 Original Poster

Original Poster

Systems Developer

• 3,009 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 14 November 2012 - 23:25

a poisonous

I am not trolling I just want to say ... that when referring to animals, venom is generally enzymes released at users will... while poisonous animals are those which have venomous or poisonous diet and secret the toxins via the pores or body fluids (like toad licking most eat things like fire ants) :D just wanted to say you might find that interesting

Rattlesnakes are not near as dangerous and the media makes them out to be. People get bit all the time and while painful, nothing happens as long as the anti venom is given soon enough. Anywhere rattlesnakes live, anti venom is easy to come by.

take the anti-venom out of the equation and tell me they are not dangerous ? hematoxic venom is nasty it kills your body makes it rot from the inside out you normally lose use of everything below the bite when not treated quickly enough .... also yes I agree it probs was very painful but atleast it wasnt a snake with a majority mix of nuerotoxic

#17 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 23:33

take the anti-venom out of the equation and tell me they are not dangerous ? hematoxic venom is nasty it kills your body makes it rot from the inside out you normally lose use of everything below the bite when not treated quickly enough .... also yes I agree it probs was very painful but atleast it wasnt a snake with a majority mix of nuerotoxic

You could do that and take the anti-venom out of the equation but that makes sense in what universe? Here in reality, we have the anti-venom readily available everywhere the snakes are, we don't have to worry about situations like that so why make an argument based outside of reality?

#18 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 23:41

Cool...

I just had a 6" Italian BMT at subway. :)

#19 Original Poster

Original Poster

Systems Developer

• 3,009 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 23:51

You could do that and take the anti-venom out of the equation but that makes sense in what universe? Here in reality, we have the anti-venom readily available everywhere the snakes are, we don't have to worry about situations like that so why make an argument based outside of reality?

cause its not out of reality ? I am in england ... rattle snake anti venom isnt on hand and I worked with rattle snakes and cobras and vipers.... If I got bitten ... I would be in trouble anti venom has an expiry date we couldnt keep it on site either also hospitals dont make it all the time ... so yea ?

#20 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 00:56

This gal reminds me of that woman who fell into a fountain at the mall while texting.

#21 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 9,992 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:01

Were the rattlesnakes set to vibrate?

#22 DavidM

DavidM

Neowinian Senior

• 1,789 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:09

Rattlesnakes are not near as dangerous and the media makes them out to be. People get bit all the time and while painful, nothing happens as long as the anti venom is given soon enough. Anywhere rattlesnakes live, anti venom is easy to come by.

I know, she ONLY spent 4 days in intensive care, what a sissy! ;)

#23 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:21

I know, she ONLY spent 4 days in intensive care, what a sissy! ;)

That's because the number of bites and the fact that it was some young ones which release all of their venom when they bite vs mature snakes which only release as much as is needed to defend the nest. Nobody is saying she is a sissy however a rattlesnake is not near as dangerous as the media, and movies for that matter, make it out to be.