Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo R.

netflix 'House of Cards' starring Kevin Spacey

24 posts in this topic

KHDX.jpg

A ruthless Congressman, Francis Underwood, and his ambitious wife Claire, will stop at nothing to conquer everything. This wicked political drama slithers through the back halls of greed, sex, love and corruption in modern D.C.

The show also stars Robin Wright, Kate Mara, Corey Stoll, Michael Kelly, Sakina Jaffrey, Kristen Connolly, Sebastian Arcelus, Boris McGiver, Constance Zimmer, Jayne Atkinson, Michel Gill, and Reg E. Cathey. All 13 episode of House of Cards premiere on February 1, 2013.

1 person likes this

Kevin Spacey = auto-watch.

2 people like this

NOOOO!!! There is only one FU (in the original it was Francis Urquhart) and it's Ian Richardson!!

news-graphics-2007-_443858a.jpg

If you haven't seen it already go and seek it out - FU is an incredibly dark character, but Ian Richardson made you feel totally complicit in every bad deed. Still my favourite thing the BBC has ever produced.

So, does Netflix plan on brining their original shows to other countries where Netflix isn't a thing?

Good trailer. Something I'll definitely pick up!

Kevin Spacey = auto-watch.

indeed...

Anybody started watching these yet?

I plan on watching an episode tonight.

I just started the first episode, so I'll report back and give my thoughts.

The first episode wasn't bad. Not the best show on TV, but I'll continue to watch it. Also, the reporter looks exactly like my ex girlfriend. It's unsettling.

It's a shame this is on Netflix. I hear that Netflix has a great catalogue in the US but it's just not worth paying for here in the UK.

It's a shame this is on Netflix. I hear that Netflix has a great catalogue in the US but it's just not worth paying for here in the UK.

Yeah I cancelled my subscription its pretty darn awful over here

I succumbed, I loved the first episode, Spacey is perfect for the role (Y)

re-subscribed to netflix to watch this, pretty good so far :)

Great show. I watched the first one and it is very interesting!

I watched the first 12 episodes Friday afternoon and the finale Saturday morning. I loved it. I thought it was a rich political drama that didn't really push the boundaries of what actually happens on The Hill. With that being said, I know that there are few things that might be a bit extreme, but I view both parties as corrupt, only looking out for their own agenda, and getting re-elected, and I truly believe this show really captures that line of thinking perfectly.

I am looking forward to finding out whether there will be a second season and what benchmarks Netflix will use to determine if there will be one. This isn't like TV where there has to be decent to high ratings; Netflix spent $100 million on this show, one would think it would require a lot of new subscribers to get this show renewed. Netflix already had 20+ million subscribers paying at least $8/month; those of us already paying that money doesn't really help Netflix with HoC, which was being marketed to new subscribers.

Never mind, Netflix has already guaranteed two seasons, so I guess I don't have to be concerned about whether Netflix will renew.

But, I will say this, I think other shows would really benefit from the Netflix formula. One thing I absolutely have come to hate is the wasted time of "Previously on...". I am not an idiot! I didn't not forget what happened on the previous episodes. But most people do, because most people are casual viewers. Giving us all of the episodes up front allows us to watch at our leisure and won't need all of those ridiculous flashbacks.

1 person likes this

thanks for the heads up. i was in the need of something to watch now that fringe has ended.

I started a second one month trial just to watch this show. I've seen the first episode and I'm already hook. It really feels I'm watching a movie rather than a television series.

Finally completed it tonight, absolute epic viewing! I can't wait for Season 2 already!

Yeah, me and the wife watched this is a few weekends, loved the first Season. Loved the concept of all episodes being available at once. This is the future I hope.

1 person likes this

Wasn't a bad show. I normally don't like this kind of thing but I enjoy Kevin Spacey so I gave it a shot. It was a little slow to start but I plowed through and finished the season. Now I can't wait to see the next season.