Your recommended free forum software?

I believe phpBB is the most popular free forum software, but is it the best?

EDIT: The software would need to have the user info. on the left of each post, like it does here on Neowin.

Please note: they will not do offcial support for adult sites. hacking sites (of any type). They label you as "this user has been denied support" when you have tried to get official help and your site meets that criteria.

It is a very nice free forum software package. however.

Yeah that's one of the best, I'm on phpbb2 for my RPG forum.

I've created it with Forumotion, the service and the support forum are absolutely awesome.

If you wanna check out : www.forumotion.com

Also look into the forum software called vanilla

Its very customizable and very.lightweight on resources! Very nice for free forum software

Please note: they will not do offcial support for adult sites. hacking sites (of any type). They label you as "this user has been denied support" when you have tried to get official help and your site meets that criteria.

It is a very nice free forum software package. however.

Know from experiance? :s

After spending many a year using free and premium forum software, I don't really think it actually matters a whole ton if all you want is to get a community started. phpBB and MyBB and pretty much all the others will do what you want them to do.

Fofr me IPB would still be more then worth it I love it. It's the smoothest to run forum software I've used.