VMware or Parallel for gaming?

I want to install a virtue machine in my mac pro Lion OSX and not sure which VM is the best for what i want to do. I want to install Window 7 or possibly 8 and play some PC-only games.

what do you guys think?

Some simple games might run ok in a virtual machine, but as threetonesun points out you would probably do better with something like he recommended (I have no experience with "Play on Mac"). There is also Wine and CrossOver Office (which was free a few weeks ago; not sure if it still is).

You would have the best results by booting into Windows natively and running games from there. Boot Camp assistant that comes with Mac OS X can help you set that up.

I'm not sure about Parallels but I'm not buying another license from VMWare. Their licensing scheme is just a kick in the pants because they don't offer their previous customers a discount on upgrades. Every time they decide to increment the whole number of their version they expect you to pony up the cash for a new full license. If you buy it this year, expect it to be obsolete if ever you upgrade Mac OS X because the old version that you paid for will no longer be supported. My current version of Fusion won't work on Lion or Mountain Lion. If they need folks to pay for an upgrade, I'm fine with that so long as I get SOME KIND of discount. They are just greedy IMO.

I want to install a virtue machine in my mac pro Lion OSX and not sure which VM is the best for what i want to do. I want to install Window 7 or possibly 8 and play some PC-only games.

what do you guys think?

You are not being serious, are you?