• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,662 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:39

@AR556:

What you eat is far more important than when you eat. If you eat 5 sensibly portioned healthy meals of fruit and vegtables you will loose weight. If you are hungry then you aren't doing it right.

#17 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,545 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:48

I rarely eat breakfast. I am not a morning person and I don't care to eat. I usually eat a snack for lunch and then a normal early evening meal. Probably not too healthy but I'm not much of an eater anyway.

This is kind of like me. My stomach can't handle anything in the morning except coffee. I usually make lunch my biggest meal (although I never eat much at a time, a "big" meal for me seems to be not so much for others) and then graze for dinner.

I think if one is a healthy weight, eats a varied diet, they feel good and have energy, and they do not have health/nutrition issues, then they are doing what is right for them. Everyone's different, so there's no single standard for what's "right".

#18 AR556

AR556

Neowinian Senior

• 5,628 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:50

@AR556:

What you eat is far more important than when you eat. If you eat 5 sensibly portioned healthy meals of fruit and vegtables you will loose weight. If you are hungry then you aren't doing it right.

I agree that what you eat is more important than when you eat, but as I said, eating multiple small meals a day didn't work for me. I was never satisfied this way and it opened the door to over-eating. I'm a very habitual creature so eating once per day helps me maintain control and eliminates any chance of overeating. What is commonly referred to as hunger is not hunger, its craving. You would be surprised at how much of that goes away once you stop eating fast food. Honestly about the only time I think I'm hungry is when I'm in a restaurant with my significant other, watching her eat and thats just because It smells good.

#19 Mark

Mark

(: ollǝɥ

• 3,726 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 13:17

I went to a 'business breakfast' for the first time this morning. Everyone kept asking me if I'd like to get something to eat. I can't stand eating until at least 11AM most days, this was 7AM. No chance!

#20 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,059 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 13:30

Earl of Sandwich! :woot:

Posted Image

http://earlofsandwichusa.com/

#21 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 16 November 2012 - 13:33

I have a narrow window where I must have my 5 swallows of water, followed by bushign of teeth and then coffee within the first 15 mins of waking up or I throw up.... wierd huh?

#22 Axel

Axel

--[Est. 1986]--

• 5,435 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 13:46

I eat 7 times a day (all healthy) and train at the gym with weights or do outside cardio 6 days a week with one rest day.

Obviously first meal of the day is often considered the most important because it's the most logical time to eat - setting your body up with available energy for the rest of the day, and making your feel more energised and alert with a decent energy source. Loading your body with carbs late at night just doesn't make sense seeing as you're just gonna spend to next 8 hours doing literally nothing apart from metabolizing the excess energy into your fat stores.

I tend to start the day with a fairly carb heavy meal and slowly reduce the carb intake keep the protein intake (for repair) fairly steady throughout the day.

Interesting what some of you say about breakfast. I know many people are like this but I'm the opposite - I literally cannot function and get very irritable if I don't have it! I suspect you can train yourself to eat breakfast over time. I would advocate a decent bowl of porridge to anyone!

#23 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,020 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted 16 November 2012 - 13:55

I eat Breakfast probably once a month (if that) only when My wife request that I make her eggs or something of the sort. And this is usually around 10am and not near when we wake up. I generally cannot eat anything for the first hour of being awake apart from a single glass of water I use to take my Medication in the morning. Anything more and I cannot hold it down.

#24 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,680 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 00:34

That'll give you nightmares.

I often dream movies. :p