Photo

We want to revamp the Subscriber Perks and we want your input!

input subscription

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#1 Brandon C.

Brandon C.

IRC King

• 1,451 posts
  • Phone: SGSII R760

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:31

We (the moderating team) are looking at revamping the Subscriber Perks and we are wanting some input from the general community.

These are our current Subscriptions.

We are looking for any input you may have. Is there anything we can add, take away, or enhance our current Subscription levels? For example, rename Subscriber to Supporter? The more input we get, our decisions on how to move forward with the Subscriptions will be drawn from the community.

Thank you and we look forward to your suggestions. If you have any questions that you do not want to discuss openly, please feel free to PM a Moderator or Supervisor.

News Editor's note: if there's also anything you would like to see in regards to front page/news article subscriber perks, please let us know and the news team can look into it.

#2 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:34

feed the server hampsters good and make me some coffee

#3 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 12,778 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:41

1.Up the price in a combo of tshirt + sub, eg, $35 for a sub free tshirt included or whatever, just at a lower price than just getting tshirt + subs.Though shipping outside of UK and US would be expensive.

#4 vetScorpus

Scorpus

Tim Schiesser

• 1,375 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:20

Subscribers may also want to see something in regards to the front page and news articles, so I added this:

News Editor's note: if there's also anything you would like to see in regards to front page/news article subscriber perks, please let us know and the news team can look into it.

#5 +-T-

-T-

Trapmaster

• 2,386 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:55

If possible, I'd like to be able to filter out forums from appearing on mini feeds, it'd be very handy to customise that to suit our interests

#6 Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• 799 posts
  • Phone: 1-800-CALL-ME-MAYBE

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:29

Maybe rename the "Subscriber" group to "Elite" or maybe even "Uber".

#7 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

• 10,724 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:34

Run an AGM where subscribers can vote on performance of staff members and have an input of the handling of the site (without taking away any actual control from the owners who obviously have complete veto power).

#8 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• 4,429 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:45

Honestly I wouldn't change anything.

Perhaps subscriber only competitions (in conjunction with non-subscriber ones) but I'm happy with what subscribers are offered (that is I don't think you have anything more to offer >.<)

#9 +Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Neowinian Antique

• 2,482 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:14

From a so called marketing point of view...you could hold monthly drawings for someone to win a subscription....that is, if it's in the neowin budget. Not biased in any way, never wanted to say this out loud, but since you asked...just show some incentive. Nothing has kept me hanging on to this awesome forum, except for my internet bill....and I gladly pay it every month, and visit Neowin first thing in the morning. Every day. I choose to do so out of my own pocket. Why? Mostly because I love the nature of the forums in general...but if I had a credit card, which I don't, I'd gladly subscribe every month! If you're a part of neowin in any way, shape, or form.....you're just like family to me. I just hope everyone here understands the depth that I'm coming from, and admins understand where I'm going. Incentives. That's what I think draws subscribers. :)

#10 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• 29,877 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:48

Yeah I have to admit, we've given away subscriptions every year except maybe for the past year, and many of those given away subs have resulted in a (paid) renewal. Maybe I need to do that again soon :)

#11 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

• 10,724 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:23

Yeah I have to admit, we've given away subscriptions every year except maybe for the past year, and many of those given away subs have resulted in a (paid) renewal. Maybe I need to do that again soon :)

Ahhh yes, a lot of membership benefits that can't be discussed publicly :ninja: Everyone reading this, you need to buy a sub, trust me on this, use a secret account to do it if you have to.

#12 jamieakers

jamieakers

Neowinian

• 445 posts
  • Phone: Dell Venue Pro

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:38

I'd like to be able to give feedback on articles. I can make a comment which may or may not be reviewed, but as a paying member I'd like my feedback taken on board. Some of the articles I have commented on have been factually incorrect, incomplete and conversely many have been comprehensive, educational and even inspiring. It would be good if feedback from paying members was used in this way as it would improve the quality of articles and perhaps steer articles to be written that are more "interesting" to the benefit of all members.

#13 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

• 10,724 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:04

I'd like to be able to give feedback on articles. I can make a comment which may or may not be reviewed, but as a paying member I'd like my feedback taken on board. Some of the articles I have commented on have been factually incorrect, incomplete and conversely many have been comprehensive, educational and even inspiring. It would be good if feedback from paying members was used in this way as it would improve the quality of articles and perhaps steer articles to be written that are more "interesting" to the benefit of all members.

I like this idea. On Slashdot they have a system where subscribers can see articles 10 minutes before they are published publicly. Would be good to get an early peek and give direct feedback to the editor before going live. It fixes two birds with one stone - more subscriber perks and better article quality.

#14 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:05

I will renew.. it's just a long time away tho... LOL...

#15 jamieakers

jamieakers

Neowinian

• 445 posts
  • Phone: Dell Venue Pro

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:19

I like this idea. On Slashdot they have a system where subscribers can see articles 10 minutes before they are published publicly. Would be good to get an early peek and give direct feedback to the editor before going live. It fixes two birds with one stone - more subscriber perks and better article quality.

I've never been on Slashdot but that is a brilliant idea. Conveniently I work in QA and have the nickname "F7" for my ability to spot typo's and grammatical errors in record time!!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!