Lawyer sues Microsoft over Surface tablet storage

Then you have to sue not just MS and Surface, but every computer, phone, PMP, android tablet manufacturer and Apple as well.

Which I've already said, multiple times....also mislead. :rolleyes:

But it doesn't mislead, it specifically states what hardware you're buying.

Which I've already agreed to disagree on :rolleyes:

You obviously don't see it as misleading. I do. Clearly the lawyer in this case does as well. *shrug*

but it would be equally misleading calling it a 22GB tablet, more in fact, since it would be factually untrue.

Why are you talking in circles? I already agreed with that. Seems to me like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. Nowhere did I say a device should only be advertised by it's free space. I did however specifically suggest advertising total storage minus what's used and or vice versa.

My god! Why wont people just take responsibility for their own actions these days.

"Oh I ****ed up and didn't research what product I was buying, I'll sue the company for my stupidity!"

This culture of Sue me, Sue you has got to come to an end as it's really starting to get out of hand.

My god! Why wont people just take responsibility for their own actions these days.

"Oh I ****ed up and didn't research what product I was buying, I'll sue the company for my stupidity!"

This culture of Sue me, Sue you has got to come to an end as it's really starting to get out of hand.

True, but then again companies should stop advertising storage space that users will never get to be able to use. It's always been common practice with HD vendors providing information that was technically correct but presented in units different that those the user would be seeing later, just so the drives look bigger than they actually are.

Customers buying a hard drive shouldn't have to go researching about 1000 vs 1024 conventions, same as they shouldn't have to dig online to learn that only half of the advertised storage space on a certain device will be available. I mean, it's easy: just put the actual available space on the frigging box.

But then 16GB doesn't look as good as 32GB on a $500 tablet, does it?

Average consumers will only care about how much stuff they'll be able to store on the table, no one cares if the whole drive is 32GB or 10TB if they only will get to use 16GB.