Windows 8 Remove Facebook Account

I was playing around with linking Facebook in the Peoples Hub on Windows 8. I ended up not liking the integration, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to unlink Facebook.

I open up Charms, go to Accounts > Facebook, and all I see is an option to "Manage this account online." Clicking on that brings me to a Windows Live page that asks me to connect Facebook with my Microsoft account, but no option to remove it. I can go to Facebook and manually unlink Microsoft as an authorized app, but this doesn't remove the Facebook account from my Peoples hub. Now it just gives me a warning saying it can't connect to Facebook and asks if I want to reconnect.

Anyone know how to completely remove Facebook? Thanks!

That Microsoft page has a link at the bottom to "remove this connection completely" :)

Clicking that should unlink it from your account

That Microsoft page has a link at the bottom to "remove this connection completely" :)

Clicking that should unlink it from your account

Clicking on the "Manage this account online" takes me to a page that asks me to "Connect with Facebook." After I do this, click on "Manage this account online" takes me to a page with the "Remove this connection complete" link. So I click on this, and it removes it from my Microsoft account online, but Facebook still shows up in the Peoples hub and still updates...

Maybe it's impossible to remove :p

I had a problem removing mine too.

Once you get sent to the browser and to an MS page, click remove completely and then when I went back to people it was still there. So I did it all again, closed people and all other metro apps. Restarted and the connection was gone :)

Hey guys, thanks for all your help. Turns out the problem was that I had a bunch of Microsoft accounts linked together and I wasn't removing Facebook from the primary one (doh!). After clicking "Remove this connection completely," it disappeared after a while from my Peoples hub.

Thanks!

Windows 8 has Facebook baked into it?

Not really. But if you link a facebook/twitter acount, it will put all your friends/people you follow and their status updates/tweets into the "People" app.