win8

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#151 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• 6,062 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:43

But despite the fact that our posts were in direct proximity you jumped on my slightly disapproving post and not his pro MS post. Freud would love it ;)

#152 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:45

But despite the fact that our posts were in direct proximity you jumped on my slightly disapproving post and not his pro MS post. Freud would love it ;)

His also had a TL;DR quote that i didn't read, which meant I also skipped out on his posting directly below it...whereas yours was right at the bottom and easier to spot.

You can believe it's a conspiracy against you though if you wish. ;)

#153 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• 6,062 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:47

Don't think it's a conspiracy against me, I just think it's funny that you bitched at me in another thread for being biased when you are so obviously biased as well. I dislike hypocrisy ;)

#154 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:50

Don't think it's a conspiracy against me, I just think it's funny that you bitched at me in another thread for being biased when you are so obviously biased as well. I dislike hypocrisy ;)

Oh really? I posted up the actual numbers...and stated your math was off. Your math was off...that's not bias...that's a fact. You called out that the other guy was wrong...pointed out the post...I checked and said you both were wrong...which is a fact.

So posting up straight math and showing that you were both wrong isn't a bias...it's pointing out what the math says.

The other thread, you were thread crapping about something you don't like...which you engage in yourself. If you don't like hypocrits then I suggest you start with yourself and then work on everyone else.

The point of the other thread was subscriber perks...not let's talk about what Javik doesn't like about site administration. You want to have that discussion then contact an admin/mod via the reports or PM's, or start a thread about it as regards site administration.

Derailing a thread is not the way to do it.

Now back on topic...

#155 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,521 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:50

Sadly I'm using one of those right now. I'd much rather have Vista at least.

Vista SP2 > Windows XP SP3

100% agree

#156 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• 6,062 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:51

I think this will be easier if I just stick you on my ignore list to be frank. I'm quite sick of the way you constantly talk down to me.

#157 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:54

I think this will be easier if I just stick you on my ignore list to be frank. I'm quite sick of the way you constantly talk down to me.

Hey if you were more polite, and actually attempted civil conversation then that might not happen. I tend to talk down to those that try to be arrogant or condescending to me.

I believe in the concept of you reap what you sow.

BTW text itself doesn't have tonal qualities...so you don't know if I'm amused, upset, or just plain non-committal in nature with my posts. You'd probably be surprised.

Feel free though...I have 3 people on my ignore list...so I wouldn't look down on you for that. Chances are you will end up missing good information at some point though as I'm one of the few around here not afraid to post information to combat misinformation. :p

#158 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

• 1,870 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:54

The Start Menu isn't what brought be back to Windows 7, it was drivers, and incompatibility with commonly used apps that ran perfectly under Windows 7. It seems that perfection in the OS skips a generation lol.

#159 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• 6,062 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:55

Intel sure are taking their sweet time getting some chipset drivers ready.

#160 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:58

Intel sure are taking their sweet time getting some chipset drivers ready.

If you're talking about the Chipset INF stuff it's not really needed. That support is baked into the OS and usually the Chipset INF stuff is more just for identification purposes than for actual function.

#161 ThePitt

ThePitt

Neowinian Senior

• 4,809 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 23:06

great! Lets install windows 7 and forget this nightmare called windows 8 once and for all

#162 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• 2,101 posts
  • OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Phone: XT890 Motorola RAZRi (x86 processor)

Posted 16 November 2012 - 23:17

great! Lets install windows 7 and forget this nightmare called windows 8 once and for all

Insult to the injury is always better, you may use windows 8 but don't ever dare to go to the "store" or use the start screen.... plus using a Start Menu, like Start8.

#163 scaramonga

scaramonga

ME!

• 2,462 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:16

I would say nice attempt at a slam there but I would be lying.

The problem with your statement is that regardless of platform almost all apps are made by a third party.

So you might want to apply that to all of those Apple commercials as well...if you're going to go that route.

I really cant quite recall using 'ANY' third party app to make a Windows system usable?, at least, not till now? , and I have used most :)

#164 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:36

I really cant quite recall using 'ANY' third party app to make a Windows system usable?, at least, not till now? , and I have used most :)

Considering the fact that the system is usable that's not an issue. Just because you don't like the design, doesn't mean it's not usable. You just personally don't want to use it...which is your choice...but doesn't mean it's not usable.

If you want to get into needing third party apps on an OS to fill functionality gaps? Well then that's the case for every OS on the market...so nothing new there either...so my point still stands.

#165 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 11,518 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:41

The Metro Start Screen and the hot corners don't make the system unusable. Poor choice of words. In no way, shape, or form do they prevent me from completing my tasks.