ITV1 to become 'ITV' in major corporate rebrand

BJxdt.jpg

ITV has today announced a major forthcoming rebrand across its entire business, including a new logo and refreshed identities for all its channels, including ITV1 changing to just 'ITV'.

The new "unifying brand identity" will be introduced at some point in January 2013 across ITV Plc, the ITV Network and ITV Studios, the broadcaster's production arm.

The ITV logo has been totally refreshed with a curvy, colour-shifting design that will roll out simultaneously across the ITV channels and their +1 networks, including the flagship ITV channel, along with ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 and CITV.

The rebrand has been overseen by Rufus Radcliffe, ITV's group director of marketing and research, who previously rebranded E4 while at Channel 4; and Reemah Sakaan, ITV's director of network marketing, who joined in February 2012 after seven years at the BBC, where she helped rebrand BBC Three.

ITV decided that the move was necessary as it has not revamped its identity since 2006 and the television landscape has changed drastically since then. Radcliffe said that in the digital television era there are hundreds of media brands all competing for people's attention, and ITV was in danger of getting lost in the crowd.

"People love our shows, but we don't get the credit for bringing them. With all these media brands out there if you don't have a clear brand then you are exposed," he said at a press briefing yesterday. "What this rebrand is about is cementing the relationship between the shows that people love and the ITV brand that makes them."

Source

Lately in Cupertino:

Cook: Hey, Jonny, I heard itv is going to rebrand themselves...

Ive: Really? That's most fortunate news then.

Cook: Redesign the tv set and give me the concept papers this afternoon, ok?

Ive: I'm on it! *walks off*

Cook and Forstall meeting on the next hallway...

Cook: We can finally use the itv brand name! itv is rebranding themselves!

Forstall: Yeah, I heard about that... They go from 'itv1' to simply 'itv'...

Cook: Are you trolling or serious?

Forstall: Dead serious *walks off with the biggest grin ever*

:p

gotta rebrand to have a case against apple if they ever make an iTV :laugh:

They already have that case against them.

Hence we can buy AppleTVs and not iTVs.

They even announced the AppleTV back in the day as iTV but had to rebrand it.

Glassed Silver:mac

gotta rebrand to have a case against apple if they ever make an iTV :laugh:

In the UK it would have to be marketed as an iTelly.

jesus christ that logo is tragic.

Have to agree, that logo is beyond terrible! I'm sure someone got paid millions to design that disaster!

Funny that it used to be just ITV then they changed it to ITV1 and now they have changed it back to ITV again! As for the supplement channels I can safely say I have never watched anything on ITV3 and probably just the football when it's on ITV4! Back in the 80s, ITV was the coolest channel on TV, albeit that wasn't too hard seeing as there was only 4 of them at the time, but now, the shows that ITV commission aren't a pinch on what they did back in the 80s.

That is seriously one of the most awful logos I've ever seen; it's way too hip for a mainstream channel. Did they even look at any other internationally recognizable television brands for inspiration?

• 1 month later...

The logo is now live, i thought i would bump this up because i remember slating it but after seeing it in various places on the TV i think it looks great and works really well.

That logo is completely awful, don't really care about the rebranding of the channel though

That is a pretty bad logo. Why do they need to rebrand? Its not like people have moved away from them because they didnt like the brand, its the rubbish tv.

I didn't even know they were calling themselves ITV1 :laugh:

So true.

In my lifetime, 44 years, they have been I.T.V. L.W.T.V (for weekends) and Carlton T.V. They also were other variations depending on where you live in England, e.g.

Yorkshire T.V. and Granada T.V.

I think they became I.T.V. 1 when they released 2, 3 and 4.

I think they