No POST info?

I just got a gigabyte z77x-d3h motherboard and the POST screen seems to be strange, on other boards it shows the CPU, memory, HDD etc.. but all its showing is the American megatrends logo at the top then the rest is black.

Anyone seen this before??

Google does not seem to be able to find anyone who has this problem before and the gigabyte tech support told me to "disable the full screen boot logo" :rolleyes:

Check in the BIOS that "Show full screen logo" or something similar is not enabled and "Force BIOS details" is enabled

Maybe worded slightly differently but basically mean the same thing

The BIOS is likely set to run in "fast bootstrap" mode, skipping certain boot tests to speed-up the overall booting process.

The BIOS is likely set to run in "fast bootstrap" mode, skipping certain boot tests to speed-up the overall booting process.

Could be, but there are no settings to disable it so it must be permanent or i just cant seem them!! Hopefully the gigabyte tech support can give me a proper answer to "is it supposed to be like this?" not some copy and paste job like the first time.

Hopefully the gigabyte tech support can give me a proper answer to "is it supposed to be like this?" not some copy and paste job like the first time.

I'll save you the trouble... yes, it's supposed to be like that.

Computers are getting so dumbed down these days, like the new Windows BSOD screen. All that technical information is scary to people apparently and companies want to hide it and make everything warm and fuzzy for them. :(

There may be a key you can hit to display it if there isn't an option in the BIOS.