First Image and Synopsis for 'The Look of Love' with Steve Coogan

IF382.jpg

After 24 HOUR PARTY PEOPLE and THE TRIP, Michael Winterbottom and comedic genius Steve Coogan team up once more to chronicle the scandalous world of Paul Raymond, legendary ?gentleman?s? club owner and erotic publisher in London.

With an eye for business opportunities and a taste for beautiful women, Paul Raymond (Coogan), realized early on that sex sells. It all started out with one gentlemen?s nightclub so hot that no real man could resist. Soon he took over the block, and shortly after, all of Soho. But that wasn?t enough for Raymond, who, fearless to opposition, went on to publish erotic magazines and produce nude theater, earning the title of Britain?s richest man!

Raymond?s personal life was not too different from his shows. His marriage to Jean (Friel), a nude dancer, choreographer, business partner, and mother of his children, fell apart when he met Fiona (Egerton), a glamour model who became a pin-up star of his shows and magazines. The love of his life, however, was his daughter Debbie (Poots), who became his business partner and heir to his empire, until her tragic and untimely death at age 36.

The film will tantalize audiences around the world by experiencing swinging London through the eyes of a man who could even have made Hugh Hefner blush!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Those photos remind me so much of growing up as a child. Parents who kept it away from me but looking back I see were involved in drugs. Mother an ex-model and father who liked flashy cars. The browns, the greys, the patterns, the rug, the table. Lovely slice of nostalgia!