115 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh the new interface in Office 2013 is simply put, horrible.

I still can't believe they have kept this interface until the release date.

Now's the time for Apple to come up with a version of iWork that will crush Office on the Mac and people will switch because the Office suite is better and represents the most used apps in business. I don't know what they're doing, 4 years without a major version change.... ughhhhh.

Posted

What I dislike the most about Office 2013.. is the "File" menu. Clicking file no longer shows a menu (keeping what you are working on visible), oh no.. it has to take you to a "File Screen". I get that it's a get rid of the start menu and make it a start screen, so logically we should remove the file menu and make it a file screen.. but in some cases.. a simple menu is fine.

Posted

At least 8 people saw the new office at my place. Everybody liked the design.

Posted

The issue is Metro doesn't really work beyond Zune/Windows Phone/Windows 8 start screen

1 person likes this

Posted

What I dislike the most about Office 2013.. is the "File" menu. Clicking file no longer shows a menu (keeping what you are working on visible), oh no.. it has to take you to a "File Screen". I get that it's a get rid of the start menu and make it a start screen, so logically we should remove the file menu and make it a file screen.. but in some cases.. a simple menu is fine.

Eh, it was like that in 2010 too. It has some advantages I suppose.

Posted

Eh, it was like that in 2010 too. It has some advantages I suppose.

Mmm.. 2010 didn't take you to a different screen in outlook.

Posted

Mmm.. 2010 didn't take you to a different screen in outlook.

Yes, Outlook 2010 has the backstage too. Probably thinking of 2007's ribbon.

sshot1mq.png

sshot1oy.png

Posted

hmm, I must have been thinking 2007 then, my bad :p I use Office 2013 at work, as we got it for free. It's not bad. There are a few office things I can't figure out how to fix, but according to google they have existed for a few versions.

2013 doesn't support Exchange 2003, and it won't let me delete my exchange profile. Always says it's updating another profile. I've resetup the data files and all that, but no luck. So I get an error every time I start outlook as my exchange account doesn't work.

Posted

hmm, I must have been thinking 2007 then, my bad :p I use Office 2013 at work, as we got it for free. It's not bad. There are a few office things I can't figure out how to fix, but according to google they have existed for a few versions.

2013 doesn't support Exchange 2003, and it won't let me delete my exchange profile. Always says it's updating another profile. I've resetup the data files and all that, but no luck. So I get an error every time I start outlook as my exchange account doesn't work.

Thank goodness. Upgrading Exchange 2003 is a headache, especially in large organizations with lots of public folders, but it must be done. Your IT dept. needs to bite the bullet and get it done. Exchange 2003 should go away.

Posted

Thank goodness. Upgrading Exchange 2003 is a headache, especially in large organizations with lots of public folders, but it must be done. Your IT dept. needs to bite the bullet and get it done. Exchange 2003 should go away.

Anything with 2003 in the name needs to go away. :p

1 person likes this

Posted

To be honest I do not care for it however, i do not think it is all that bad. It just looks like a web app rather than a standard PC app. Its not all that bad though.

Posted

Personally I'm sticking with Office 2007, which I feel has a better interface and has all the functionality that I need. I enjoyed using the Office 2013 Preview and liked the cloud-syncing functionality but not enough for me to fork over the amount that Microsoft is asking.

Posted

I'm impressed, they've managed to make it both bland and painful to the eyes.

Posted

http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/