Photo

Office 2013 Interface - Really? This is The Best They Can Do?

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#91 rfirth

rfirth

Software Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 620

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:57

I'm not sure why people are complaining about the UI being too white when using the white theme... how about... don't use the whitest theme? Stop posting pictures of the white theme and complaining it's too white. Post pictures of the darkest theme, then complain about the contrast.

Anyway, I use the whitest theme. If you're actually being productive - not just farting around staring at Office not doing any work - it's fine. And the awesome improve integration of Skydrive and multiple editing a document simultaneously is awesome. I just finished a group project using PowerPoint and everyone editing the same document at once... it's great.

#92 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:57

i guess the white interface is eye burning if you have a sun or a nuclear blast for your screen backlight. otherwise seems fine :)

It would have to be the complete opposite to be eye burning.
If you had a really bright desktop wallpaper, then the all white Office interface wouldn't be hard on the eyes.
If you had a really dark wallpaper, then yeah it'd be awfully bright on the eyes, but most applications generally are almost all white.
This site is almost all white, a blank browser window, blank Notepad window, etc. etc.
The trick is to have a neutral wallpaper, or not sit in the pitch black with dark wallpaper, then open up something bright.

#93 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:11

Can anyone post a screenshot of the grey theme?

#94 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:16

Can anyone post a screenshot of the grey theme?

I have, it's on the previous page, and the one before.

#95 rhianntp

rhianntp

Neowinian

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:27

Windows 8 and anything having to do with that platform is pretty much a disaster.... too bad they didn't fire Sinofsky 2 years earlier.. :/

#96 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:40

I have, it's on the previous page, and the one before.

Missed that.

So... What's wrong with the grey theme?

#97 Auroka

Auroka

Neowinian

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:13

If you think dark grey is still too bright then try high contrast mode. It's really ugly though...

Posted Image

#98 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:23

If you think dark grey is still too bright then try high contrast mode. It's really ugly though...

Posted Image

Wow!! Almost as bad as Paint Shop Pro X5 now that you don't get the option to just use standard Windows theme.

#99 pack34

pack34

Professional Electron Wrangler

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:26

[snip]

It may look terrible in a properly lit room but the high contrast mode is AMAZING when your trying to use your computer outside in direct sunlight. The start screen has the same option. Even in the worst lighting conditions, the screen is perfectly readable.

#100 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:50

To each their own with the interface/colors. I'm looking forward to the release.

To view the different colors - http://www.groovypos...e-outlook-word/

Wow!! Almost as bad as Paint Shop Pro X5 now that you don't get the option to just use standard Windows theme.

FYI
PSP X5 has 4 workspace colors - dark gray, medium gray, light gray and blue. :)

#101 PyX

PyX

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:54

Oh the new interface in Office 2013 is simply put, horrible.

I still can't believe they have kept this interface until the release date.

Now's the time for Apple to come up with a version of iWork that will crush Office on the Mac and people will switch because the Office suite is better and represents the most used apps in business. I don't know what they're doing, 4 years without a major version change.... ughhhhh.

#102 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:01

What I dislike the most about Office 2013.. is the "File" menu. Clicking file no longer shows a menu (keeping what you are working on visible), oh no.. it has to take you to a "File Screen". I get that it's a get rid of the start menu and make it a start screen, so logically we should remove the file menu and make it a file screen.. but in some cases.. a simple menu is fine.

#103 Crimson Rain

Crimson Rain

Neowinian

• Phone: Lumia 1020 Yellow

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:13

At least 8 people saw the new office at my place. Everybody liked the design.

#104 wotsit

wotsit

Neowinian

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:09

The issue is Metro doesn't really work beyond Zune/Windows Phone/Windows 8 start screen

#105 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:16

What I dislike the most about Office 2013.. is the "File" menu. Clicking file no longer shows a menu (keeping what you are working on visible), oh no.. it has to take you to a "File Screen". I get that it's a get rid of the start menu and make it a start screen, so logically we should remove the file menu and make it a file screen.. but in some cases.. a simple menu is fine.

Eh, it was like that in 2010 too. It has some advantages I suppose.