Young man tried to impress his girfriend, left paralysed

A young man was rushed on Tuesday night to an emergency hospital in Iasi, North East Romania after he jumped from a bridge in a lake, Realitatea news channel informs Wednesday.

The 22 year-old was walking with a group of friends in a park, when he jumped in the lake in order to impress his girlfriend. The young man suffered a spine fracture and he will most likely be paraplegic for the rest of his life, doctors say.

"The patient started to show signs of numerous paralyses and he will have more and more difficulties in moving his limbs", doctor Monica Delia Adascalitei from the Emergency hospital said.

source

I wonder what he hit.

He might had hit a wall, but I think he could have just hit the water. If he jump from a fairly high bridge, the surface tension of the water on impact would be like falling onto a cement ground

I wonder what he hit.

the water

Natural Selection at work.

Actually lot of people don't know it can be dangerous to jump in water from a high ground.

The faster you go the harder it will hit. If you jump in water from a plane without anything to slow you down you will die from the impact.

A young guy here last summer almost died by jumping in water from a cliff. He did not hit anything but the water.