Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ionium

The movie "In Time" - Can someone explain something to me?

8 posts in this topic

The part where they jump out of the hotel window, will says "Jump, they won't do it", why does he think they won't jump? I don't get that part.

Because they'd be afraid of breaking their legs I guess

I thought maybe it's cause they were genetically engineered

The part where they jump out of the hotel window, will says "Jump, they won't do it", why does he think they won't jump? I don't get that part.

Why does the girl's father keep her in the house all the time with a lot of security? Because if you get hurt, your life meter goes down, everyone in this future is so obsessed with their lifespan not going down they don't take any risks.

Exactly... the people who have time, will never die of old age/natural causes, but an accident could kill them.. So they won't take the risk of jumping out the window...

Because if you get hurt, your life meter goes down, everyone in this future is so obsessed with their lifespan not going down they don't take any risks.

You don't lose "time' for getting hurt...

Exactly... the people who have time, will never die of old age/natural causes, but an accident could kill them.. So they won't take the risk of jumping out the window...

You don't lose "time' for getting hurt...

From what I recall, there are several scenes in the movie where someone gets a non-fatal injury and their meter goes down, after which point they can refill it.

I thought it was because if they jump, and lets say, break their legs, someone could come up easily and rob them of their time, or that their healthcare is paid for by "time" and they may not have enough on them at the time to pay for the healthcare.

just like the dad keeps her under security etc so she can't be robbed of her time and murdered.

1 person likes this

I agree with sharpy2k4 here

The point was that if the injury left them incapacitated, someone could quite easily get their hands on the 'time'