Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Timan

Neowin's Official Minecraft Server

140 posts in this topic

how about a server hosting both with portals to choose which one to go to? multiverse yeah see you already were talking about it that is why the edit...

Ya, depending on what we end up, might do that. Waiting game atm.

Will the server be public or for Neowin-members only? The latter would be nice because then (I hope) we're more free to build where/what you want with less chance of a troll destructing your work. If someone does, ban him off Neowin! :p

Will the server be public or for Neowin-members only? The latter would be nice because then (I hope) we're more free to build where/what you want with less chance of a troll destructing your work. If someone does, ban him off Neowin! :p

You must not know about Minecraft building permissions.

Glassed Silver:mac

You must not know about Minecraft building permissions.

What do you mean? I implied that building restrictions would be much rarer than on a public server since only the Neowin community would enter the server. Sorry if I missed something?

Been a while since I've come back in here, did anything become of this or still is in a work-in-progress stage?

What do you mean? I implied that building restrictions would be much rarer than on a public server since only the Neowin community would enter the server. Sorry if I missed something?

Oh sorry, guess I didn't take my time to actually comprehend your post correctly.

Well, yeah, that is part of what I suggested, too.

An area where everyone can build and seeing how we're a community I take it there would be close to no or little destruction.

Did I mention I hate endermen?

Did I mention I hate endermen?

Those sneaky stalkers always taking stuff and ruining ground keeping symmetry

2 people like this

To prevent griefing, everybody will be given 4 stacks of TNT when they first spawn, so if anybody damages your creations you can just go and blow theirs up, mutual destruction.

4 people like this

To prevent griefing, everybody will be given 4 stacks of TNT when they first spawn, so if anybody damages your creations you can just go and blow theirs up, mutual destruction.

YES! LET'S START WORLD WAR III! Do you think we can get Neowin to post front page coverage?!

Edit: For some reason your post makes me think of this:

tinsign-freekitten-2.jpg

2 people like this

Cold War...

Cool! Cooler than cool: Cold! :punk:

1 person likes this

I need the opinion of a GM. Are we getting close to the threshold where this thread can be move into the Jokes & Funny Stuff subforum?

If i upload a schematic of my main house could it be put on the server cause i almost broke my right hand clearing the land?

Will most likely be setup to where anyone can join the server and lurk around. No permissions to do anything but wonder. We'd have a whitelist for members to put their minecraft id, and that way if one of em acts up or griefs we have 2 areas to ban them in :p

3 people like this

Will most likely be setup to where anyone can join the server and lurk around. No permissions to do anything but wonder. We'd have a whitelist for members to put their minecraft id, and that way if one of em acts up or griefs we have 2 areas to ban them in :p

Less talky, more worky.

Still no word, will send an email in the morning, if i don't hear back. Will just rent one for a month till they do.

Who are we getting the server from?

Who are we getting the server from?

7202515462_12029f997b.jpg

2 people like this

Will have the server info tomorrow, will post it maybe Friday. First will have a few people on tomorrow to get things setup / stress test it to see if everything works good.

1 person likes this

Will have the server info tomorrow, will post it maybe Friday. First will have a few people on tomorrow to get things setup / stress test it to see if everything works good.

I'd be willing to help out stress testing the server :p

Count me in the testing.

Need to build a starting point too :p

<-- stress tester perhaps?

I have not posted in this thread yet but i would be interested in playing on the server too :)

Updates?!?!?!?!