Neowin's Official Minecraft Server

Usually when I play Tekkit I build my quarries a couple of blocks underground and then build something on top so that people don't dig down and fall into them :p I do agree that Tekkit with a lot of users can be rather chaotic though, the most I've ever played it with was 10 which was okay but people were always moaning about there not being enough oil, that didn't really bother me though because I usually just use solar power and geothermal generators.

Long story short Tekkit would be cool but I'd play anything really. I probably wouldn't be that active though but I'd definitely pop on from time to time.

would the server be whitelisted? Hope so, would hate to get on the server build, mine a load of stuff then not being able to get onto it again because its full etc...

• Like 1

Survival please, don't really want Tekkit though!

If you run it with Bukkit Server, I could code you a plugin in Java for Bukkit to automatically whitelist and only allow people from neowin.net to access the server.

K, so far looks to be survival.

Any mod suggestions, would like to keep this low, but of course cause of griefers (this is neowin of course), will need some permission based ones.

• Like 2

an friend of me has a server, we hav a survival and a creatice, and we have a portal between both worlds :)

• Like 1

Yeah the server I normally play on had a crash and all of the non-standard Minecraft blocks disappeared upon a backup restore.. so I'm just waiting for this now. :0

Yeah the server I normally play on had a crash and all of the non-standard Minecraft blocks disappeared upon a backup restore.. so I'm just waiting for this now. :0

That's why I hate mods.

Always try to stay as vanilla as possible apart from maybe modifications that are not permanent to the game. (double exp, etc etc)

Glassed Silver:ios

an friend of me has a server, we hav a survival and a creatice, and we have a portal between both worlds :)

yeah the MultiWorld bukkit plugin is nice :)

also it's seems rather mixed, maybe a poll to see what the majority wants?

if there is a survival server, is there any method of removing hunger? i generally play creative to get away from the hunger bar.

This 1000x , The hunger bar is a joke imo.
  • Like 1

Hunger is easy to control, plenty of ways to farm ways to get a lot of food

It's less about easiness to control the hunger, but rather the added annoyance.

Glassed Silver:mac

It's less about easiness to control the hunger, but rather the added annoyance.

if you removed hunger it wouldnt really be a survival server, a more annoyance then hunger is creeper damage, now that is annoying

I vote for survival mode with no plugins (or minimally invasive plugins if you must).

Also, if you are taking tangential suggestions on how to setup the server, I definitely recommend checking out Minecraft Server Manager. It is "A comprehensive start up script for Minecraft and Bukkit servers. Designed by admins, for admins." I have been using it on my CentOS 6 server for a couple of months, and I am very impressed. It definitely makes the job of setting up, backing up, running (daemonized), and updating your server very easy. It should run out-of-the-box on Debian or Ubuntu; I had to make minimal modifications to make it work properly on my CentOS box. PM me if you want my personal installation documentation or other specifics of how I set it up (such as iptables rules and SELinux security policy).

• Like 1

When I used to play minecraft, the server I used was Dinnerbone's (he fixed the original multiplayer nether bug before notch did and notch stole the patch! Now he works for mojang) and he's got bukkit and whatnot on it, locks player areas so that only that player can destroy blocks there, has lockable chests, etc.

It was pretty good actually.

Yea would be awesome. I would be up for either Vanilla Survival or Tekkit. :D

I don't think you would allow me in the server..... I got minecraft for my android phone and joined my friends game... I only ended up building block statues of ###### all along his island.

Every circle of friends needs a dick (builder). :p

• Like 2