Windows 8 Login Screen - Change Color

Is there any way to change that horrible purple background at the user login screen? It really hurts my eyes.

Note I am not stomping my feet, it actually does hurt my eyes. I have Keratoconus, so some colors really irritate my eyes :(

If I am reading your post correctly, place your mouse in the bottom right of the screen--then click settings--at the bottom click change pc settings--personalize--and you can change lock screen, start screen and account picture there..Hope that helps

afaik, the login screen is the same colour as the accent colour you choose for the Metro background

Oh I did not know it uses the same color as the start screen background. I usually never see it, but I did yesterday for some reason I guess because it installed windows update. Is it still purple then, or was I seeing things?

The purple is the "default" color, so even once you change your color, you may still see the purple now and then if different people use the computer. But overall, once you set your accent color for your profile, that's the only color you should see mainly.

Open regedit, go to

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Accent\

create a DWORD (32 Bit) with the name DefaultColorSet and next set a value. 2 = gray.

Here are some values:

Benutzeranmeldung_Hintergrundfarbe_aendern.jpg

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

This fixed worked great! Is there any similar registry fix for Windows 8.1? There are more color options in the new version, but it still defaults to an ugly color. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)