Well I got my copy on Friday, but I probably won't start it until the end of the week at the earliest. Want to finish Fallout: New Vegas first. Got a whole load of other games to start or finish, but Hitman is undoubtedly next on my list.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll buy it soonish. This month is iffy since I just picked up Assassins Creed 3 and am in the middle of Dishonored and playing a bunch of multiplayer games I wasn't able to before.

(Not to mention the Christmas insanity. Whee.)

I'll buy it soonish. This month is iffy since I just picked up Assassins Creed 3 and am in the middle of Dishonored and playing a bunch of multiplayer games I wasn't able to before.

(Not to mention the Christmas insanity. Whee.)

I could have sold Assassins Creed 3 to you for a MUCH lesser price; I got it with my NVidia card but I don't care too much for the game.

You already made a thread on this very topic, here

Thread Closed

WOW Sorry about that........I didn't even remember :(

Finished it in two days. It was OK; I liked Im not sure if it was the second or third game, where the ending was just get whatever gun you want and kill every single person on the map. Fun ending. The ending to this one is almost seen from the beginning of the game.

Its a quick game (Unless you are a "Purist")

The story is so so.......not one of my favorite gaming moments.

I got it on release and beat it in a few days. Wasn't amazing, but I thought it was pretty solid. Fun gameplay, alright story, just a bit too short. Its replay-able with the different difficulties and different ways to complete levels though, so I'll be playing through again.

I really liked the way the story and characters were handled in Hitman Absolution. They really took the time to develop them and put some effort into the story.

Only thing I didn't like was how linear the levels were (compared to the previous games) and how they were broken up into different segments. Other than that, I really enjoyed the game.

I've not finished it yet, but I'm enjoying it a lot. Reminds me of everything I enjoyed about Splinter Cell... sneaking around, waiting for the opportune moment to move, listening to what people say, planning my moves then executing them, etc. Can see myself playing through it a good few times as well, trying different methods and on higher difficulties.

Never played any of the prior games so can't compare, but this is the kind of linearity that doesn't bother me. On bigger levels there are enough different ways to go that you don't notice it and on smaller ones you don't really feel like you are in a linear level due to the presentation.

Just finished it yesterday. I've still got loads of stuff to do as I didn't find all the items and whatnot in each level, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The one thing that I didn't like was that it sometimes didn't feel like a Hitman game (every level is a contract with a story in a different location, ability to choose loadout etc). Despite that, it still feels very Hitman in terms of having a million ways to do each level.

Is it a little more logical than Blood Money? Or maybe Blood Money was too logical and too clever for me.

I couldn't work out when to put on a disguise or distract some, or kill someone. And the fact that he walks so slowly just made it the most frustrating experience in gaming. If no one can see me, why can't I run around?

Was it meant to be solved by trial and error, because I couldn't really tell how else it should be done? (I promise I'm not stupid....) :p

Is it the same style for Absolution?

You can't run around cause you're trying not to call attention to yourself, but he does walk faster in Absolution.

I dunno. I haven't figured out what to do in the second mission so I'm not the man to ask.

Finished the story a couple of nights ago on easy (figured it was a good place to start having never played a Hitman game before). My only minor complaints would be the

levels like the one where you can kill Lenny in the desert, and the one where you go to the tailor's shop that aren't really levels

, and the

final Dexter level with all the mines which felt a bit anti-climatic, along with the ending... wanted to kill Travis myself

. Anyone know if there are plans for a DLC storyline?

Felt like the end cutscene with Birdie going to the police was the perfect opening for it.

Now started again on normal and still enjoying it.

Out of the games I've played this year I would tentatively pick this as my GotY. Tentatively, as I have yet to play The Walking Dead (next up) or Assassin's Creed III (or II, or Brotherhood, or Revelations for that matter :laugh:).

• 2 weeks later...

I got a copy of this for XMAS and have played it for a few hours, so far i think it is an excellent game and does very well to have kept the same "feel" as "Hitman - Contracts" !! Really enjoying playing it at moment, hope story aint too short though!! :)

Started it on Hard. Wanted the hard achievement.

Just got out of china town after having to kill the 3 guys in the crowd and took the bus.