Will Mexican billionaire buy up all the Twinkies?

Hostess Brands is going out of business and it?s possible the company?s most iconic sugary confection ? Twinkies -- could be bought by a Mexican business.

Mexico?s Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest bread-baking firm, could be on the short list for acquiring some of the Texas-based Hostess? foodstuffs, according to Forbes. Grupo Bimbo already owns parts of Sara Lee, Entenmann?s and Thomas English Muffins.

Others firms that could be in the running include ConAgra and Flowers Food, the American company behind Nature Valley granola, as well as McKee Foods, baker of Little Debbie snack cakes, the Christian Science Monitor reports.

Pepperidge Farm, a division of Campbell Soup Co., is also considered a prospective buyer, analysts told Fox Business.

The Monitor reports Bimbo has already been present around the bankruptcy proceedings that have haunted Hostess for a decade, in a bid to further expand its North American portfolio and pad its $4 billion net worth.

more

This 'end of Twinkies' frenzy was all nonsense.

Obvious some non-union bakery would buy it up and carry on, as popular as the baked stuff is.

I bet it will really twist the knife in the backs of the Unions, knowing they helped send another USA product to be made in Mexico. :laugh:

• Like 2

I bet it will really twist the knife in the backs of the Unions, knowing they helped send another USA product to be made in Mexico. :laugh:

It should. They are only hurting themselves.

Habanero Twinkies!

Yes.

Yes, that's way too good to be missed.

It's so right and obvious on so many levels it has to be created.

I demand Habanero Twinkies.

Glassed Silver:mac