How much RAM do you have installed?

How much RAM In Your Workstation?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. How much RAM in your workstation?

What kind of programs or more importantly, how many of them are running at the same time that you can justify needing that much RAM? :|

Development (especially databases in SQL) is a big RAM eater. If you are developing client-server SQL, RAM loading required gets ridiculous on the server end.

Besides, if your mobo takes DDR3, RAM is still silly-cheap. Corsair Vengeance 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3-1600 is $69/pair - at MicroCenter, not the Egg.. Despite having Corsair XMS3 4GBx2 DDR3-1333 sitting on a shelf, I'm looking hard at getting silly and going with 32GB of DDR3-1600, especially at less than $150 total including taxes. The price is Way Too Low to pass up, even though my needing that much RAM - for anything - are exactly none.

16gb in the Macbook Retina ... thing is, I think most people who get past a certain point with ram have kinda bought it because they can. Not because they needed it.

That's due entirely to the Silly-Season pricing on DDR3 (which has continued, even in 8GB territory). When 8GBx2 is $70 (retail, not online) whether or not to buy isn't the question.

My main personal Workstation runs 16GB - Most relevant

My laptop runs 4GB

I run several ESXi Servers with 32gb Physical Ram in most of them, although a few only have 16gb.

My main machine - Laptop - has 4GB installed from factory. (New Toshiba Laptop win Win8). I am contemplating on doubling that at least, but still uncertain at this point. My desktop which died (Less than 45 days after purchase and warranty swapped for what I have now), had 6GB and I never noticed any issues performance wise (Win7).

My other laptop which is a Compaq v5000 (YES - OLD!!!) which is still kicking has 1GB of RAM with 128mb of that acting as shared memory.

Tower I use for a server - 1.5GB of Ram - Step Daughter's PC - 2GB.

16GB in my HP Envy 15, which is my workstation. It was on sale for G.Skill 2x8GB DDR3 for $80 a few months ago. Couldn't pass it up. :)

I have 8GB in my Mid-2010 MacBook Pro 13.