• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Motorola Moto G

Posted 19 November 2012 - 20:04

Don't know if things improved since the developer release, but every TV capture card I tried failed.

If it's an old card it won't work. Remember they changed over to digital from analogue. unless the card specifically states it's digital, it won't pick anything up.

#17 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 19 November 2012 - 20:12

If it's an old card it won't work. Remember they changed over to digital from analogue. unless the card specifically states it's digital, it won't pick anything up.

I should rephrase...

The cards work in WIN7. Win 8 fails to ID the card or find drivers. The one card that did show up, the software for it failed to launch.

#18 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 November 2012 - 20:17

About 30 seconds of searching (yes I mean that literally) and I found the solution to the GTA IV problem

http://steamcommunit...20616777193/#p2

All I did was type in Windows 8 GTA IV into Google...and it was 4 links down.

I will apologize in advance if you already followed those directions, but while typing this I did more research and a combination of the two things in that thread have led to a fixed situation for everyone that I've read about over numerous websites. I have yet to see it not work for anyone...but since you're already back on 7 it won't matter.

BTW as mentioned also...launching from Steam just won't work..something about the way it calls the launcher up causes it to screw up....there's a solution for that issue as well.

#19 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Motorola Moto G

Posted 19 November 2012 - 21:36

I should rephrase...

The cards work in WIN7. Win 8 fails to ID the card or find drivers. The one card that did show up, the software for it failed to launch.

I see. I was only trying to help, of course. :)

#20 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 20 November 2012 - 00:09

The GFWL client issue is pretty screwy but can be overcome. I'm still having sporadic OGL issues and some framerate issues (AoC, Kohan II, Dragonshard)
Strangely, DOSBox has been giving me some stability fits as well (though it at least doesn't have to turn off Aero now ;) )

#21 08993

It burns!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:23

About 30 seconds of searching (yes I mean that literally) and I found the solution to the GTA IV problem

http://steamcommunit...20616777193/#p2

All I did was type in Windows 8 GTA IV into Google...and it was 4 links down.

I will apologize in advance if you already followed those directions, but while typing this I did more research and a combination of the two things in that thread have led to a fixed situation for everyone that I've read about over numerous websites. I have yet to see it not work for anyone...but since you're already back on 7 it won't matter.

BTW as mentioned also...launching from Steam just won't work..something about the way it calls the launcher up causes it to screw up....there's a solution for that issue as well.

This...

I have GTA IV on Steam and it works just fine in Windows 8. For years now I've used a dedicated "Games" disk and no games have to contend with the permission problems of "Program Files". I'd strongly advocate to ppl using Windows 8 (but the same benefits befell Vista/7) to install games to another partition or at least make a "Games" directory outside of "Program Files" and install games there instead, totally sidestepping any permissions issues.

#22 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:34

I've found several of the Popcap games variety of games didn't work in Windows 8. Not a big deal for me obviously, since I upgraded anyway.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!